What are my chances?

Started by RoRey14
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RoRey14

c/o 2020!!!
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

I'm a new user. I know I posted this already in What are my chances thread, but I wanted to get as much feedback as I could. I am a non-traditional student, currently enrolled in my 4th qtr at a post-bac program. I graduated with a double major in Biology and Anthropology, B.S. Here are my stats:

--Experiences--
Veterinary:
100 working as a veterinary assistant in a clinic
100 working as a veterinary receptionist at an emergency hospital
Animal:
300 volunteering at an animal shelter
200 at a rescue group which include:
-100 volunteering as a "catpal" socializing cats, and increasing their likelihood for adoption
-100 volunteering as a "dogpal" taking care of the dogs, conducting temperament tests, increasing their likelihood for adoption
Other:
500 as a microbiology lab assistant, working closely w/ the lab mice
2000 working as a lab tech (unfortunately, this was not veterinary-related 🙁)
Does pet ownership count as well?

I have three main questions:
1. I have not taken my GREs, I am currently studying for them and plan on taking them by the end of August. I know I gotta score extremely high on them to balance out my gpa! What do you think is a GRE score I should aim on getting to balance out my weak cumulative GPA?

2. I want to maximize my chances in getting in as much as I possibly can. Which schools are the ones the place a greater emphasis on the last 45 units?

3. Lastly, I am wondering if I should re-take my C's, since some of the veterinary schools do grade replacements, or should I continue getting A's in my post-bac program, which I am probably going to continue to do until the end of this year. I know my experiences are pretty low and weak. After taking up more classes in my post-bac, I'm going to focus on diversifying my experiences.
 
Last edited:
This is considered cross posting and will probably be closed. Just wait for people to respond to your other post--no need to post it multiple times.