what are my chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Trident14

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are my Chances,

African American, Washington state resident, 3.56 Cummliative GPA, 3.48 Science GPA, 506 MCAT (129 BS, 128 chem, 126 Psych/soc, and a dismal 123 on CARS, because I learned how to read in English at 14 years old. 2 years of undergraduate research, ton of volunteer hours at a clinic, shadowed an oncologist at an outpatient clinic and an obstetrician at one of the top hospitals in the country for a combined 150+ hours, worked as a medical interpreter 400+ hours, currently working full time at a non profit primary care clinic.

Please let me know what my chances are and things I could work on, also please suggest schools.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Apply to your Washington state schools, including the new one opening in 2017. Other schools where you have a chance for an interview with your stats include:
Howard
Morehouse
Meharry
Quinnipiac
Albany
New York Medical
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
GW
Georgetown
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Rush
Rosalind Franklin
Medical College Wisconsin
Loyola
St. Louis
Creighton
Tulane
If you are applying this year apply this month and submit all your secondaries by the end of July.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you so much Faha, I'm planing to submit my application by 6/20. I will try getting my secondaries in with in 2 weeks after getting them. Fingers crossed I get some. Also I'm planing to appy to OHSU and SUNY downsate, what do you think?

Thank you so much Faha, I'm planing to submit my application by 6/20. I will try getting my secondaries in with in 2 weeks after getting them. Fingers crossed I get some. Also I'm planing to appy to OHSU and SUNY downsate, what do you think?
They are much less likely with your MCAT score combined with the fact that you are not a resident of those states (those schools prefer their own state applicants).