What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
You have a chance at some of the newer DO schools and there are several new ones opening for 2017. These are schools where you could receive an interview with your stats:
ARCOM (new school)
ACOM
BCOM (new school)
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
LUCOM
WVSOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
NYIT-Arkansas (new school)
RVU-Utah (new school)
UIWSOM (new school-Texas)
Your weakness is your low GPA which could result in being screened out at some schools. However you have very good MCAT scores and good EC's. If you are going to apply this year you need to apply this month and submit all your secondaries by September.
During the coming year it would be a good idea to add more clinical volunteering and shadowing hours. Take a few courses at a local college (community college would be fine) to raise your cGPA above 3.0 in case you need to reapply next year.

Reactions: 1 user
I want to add this is officially my 3rd year attempting to apply to medical schools (I tried to apply to an enormous number of schools with no success), I no longer wish to wait any more years and if I do not get into a US MD or DO school I will strongly consider either Dental School, Pharmacy or going to either AUC or St George Carribean Med

However I will definitely add these schools to my current DO application after I take a look at their websites, thanks for the tip
If you receive interviews let us know how they go.

You need course retakes. I know you don't want I wait but it looks like you have rushed into this without giving it the best effort

Reactions: 1 user
I can't see you having any luck at any MD school, even in your home state.

DO schools? Apply broadly, especially targeting the newer schools. that MCAT score will attract attention.

But you'll be rejected at mine.

And don't even think about the Carib diploma mills. They prey upon gullible marks like you.

Science GPA 3.02 All other GPA 2.76 overall GPA 2.98

Old mcat: 34
New mcat: 513

Took one post bac at VCU, 3.2

Looking at any medical or DO school. Also considering St George January entering class in 2017