This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shayshay11

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! So I am a white female and a Florida resident with a 3.65 cum 3.58 sci who has taken the mcat twice and received scores of a 495 both times. I got a 508 on my mcat and I have been taking a Kaplan mcat course with tutoring for 6 months now averaging scores from 500-505. Also, I dropped the course genetics and got a C+ in orgo.
- 500 hours research with two surgeons with a pending publication
- A year of volunteer work with homeless shelter
- No extracurriculars
- Server for 2 years
- Assistant Manager at Dairy Queen for a year
- Shadowed two surgeons and a gastroenterologist
Do I have any shot at any florida schools???

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys! So I am a white female and a Florida resident with a 3.65 cum 3.58 sci who has taken the mcat twice and received scores of a 495 both times. I got a 508 on my mcat and I have been taking a Kaplan mcat course with tutoring for 6 months now averaging scores from 500-505. Also, I dropped the course genetics and got a C+ in orgo.
- No extracurriculars
- Server for 2 years
Are any of your personas real?
What are my chances
You got a 510 in the post-bac forum...

Those who generously provide their time and experience here ask that you be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 users
2 different people using the same account? Step Brother sister? But still, for SDN sake if that is the case make 2 diff accounts. But to answer your question, your chances are so bad, slim to none. May be time to start looking into other careers. Because even if a miracle happens you will get Humiliated, crushed, and demolished in Medical school coursework with a 2.47 GPA and 495 mcat work ethic

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
2 different people using the same account? Step Brother sister? But still, for SDN sake if that is the case make 2 diff accounts. But to answer your question, your chances are so bad, slim to none. May be time to start looking into other careers. Because even if a miracle happens you will get Humiliated, crushed, and demolished in Medical school coursework with a 2.47 GPA work ethic
Yes two different people using the same account. My friend used his for Pharmacy school what are my chances and now I'm using the computer to ask what are my chances

Are any of your personas real?
What are my chances
You got a 510 in the post-bac forum...

Those who generously provide their time and experience here ask that you be honest.
Yes two different people using the same account. My friend used his for Pharmacy school what are my chances and now I'm using the computer to ask what are my chances

So why don't you repost your stats so people can respond. Is your MCAT 2x 495 or is it 510? What are your real GPAs? Are you male/female? White? AA? Med or Pharmacy. Maybe go delete your friend's post and tell him/her to get his own account.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 users
So why don't you repost your stats so people can respond. Is your MCAT 2x 495 or is it 510? What are your real GPAs? Are you male/female? White? AA? Med or Pharmacy. Maybe go delete your friend's post and tell him/her to get his own account.
True and I am a white female and a Florida resident with a 3.65 cum 3.58 sci who has taken the mcat twice and received scores of a 495 both times. I got a 508 on my most recent mcat and I have been taking a Kaplan mcat course with tutoring for 6 months now averaging scores from 500-505. Also, I dropped the course genetics and got a C+ in orgo.
- No extracurriculars
- Server for 2 years

...has taken the mcat twice and received scores of a 495 both times. I got a 508 on my most recent mcat and I have been taking a Kaplan mcat course with tutoring for 6 months now averaging scores from 500-505.

So have you taken it 2 times or 3 times? What is the 508? No ECS's? Do you have any clinical experience?

To be honest without a new MCAT score there is no way to estimate your chances. Right now, with 2 495's they are zero.

Reactions: 1 user
So two MCATS with 495, one MCAT with a 508 and you are still
studying and taking practice tests and scoring between 500-505? Why are you still studying? If you have a 508 just stop and don't take it again! If you only have 2 MCATS with 495 you have major issues. Your GPAs are okay . If you have three MCATS Some Med schools will
average all of your MCATS(you'd have a 499.3333). If you only have two MCATS at 495, you have no chance for MD and not much of a chance at DO. I'm not sure how you'll do at MD schools with a 499.333 but you'll be okay at some low tier DO schools. If a school doesn't average MCATs and only considers your last one , stats wise you'll be in good shape. That being said , your ECs are pretty weak. No clinical work( not the same as shadowing). You should get some experience with direct service to patients. Do you have any hobbies? Anything that makes you stand out?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I have C grade in physics Will it effect my interview chances in DO school VCOM VA?
MCAT 505 and Gpa 3.7