Aug 1, 2017
Status
Pre-Optometry
Hi, this is my first time using here. I just need some advice with my current stats regarding this year cycle for DO schools. Current residence of NY.

cGPA 3.79/ sGPA 3.80/ MCAT 498

1 year of biochemistry lab research
1 undergraduate research symposium - poster presentation
1 year of medical scribe at ER
volunteer work at Redcross as DA
4 years of "Achievement Scholarship"
4 years of Dean's List

I was wondering if there are any DO school that I have a chance for this year. If not, I was thinking of retaking the MCAT in September.

OP
J
Aug 1, 2017
Status
Pre-Optometry
I was thinking applying to DO schools only, since I have a low MCAT score.

OP
J
Aug 1, 2017
Status
Pre-Optometry
Are the letters important to you? DO or MD?
I was thinking applying to DO schools only, since I have a low MCAT score. Thinking of LoR from 2 science faculties and 1 non-science faculty

About the Ads

Goro

Gold Donor
7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
I was thinking applying to DO schools only, since I have a low MCAT score. Thinking of LoR from 2 science faculties and 1 non-science faculty
Apply to the newest schools, and LECOM, maybe Western. You're autoreject at a lot of schools. Even LUCOM has standards.

OP
J
Aug 1, 2017
Status
Pre-Optometry
Apply to the newest schools, and LECOM, maybe Western. You're autoreject at a lot of schools. Even LUCOM has standards.
Thanks for the head up. What will be the chances if I get a 500+ new MCAT score?

Goro

Gold Donor
7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student

Faha

7+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2012
Status
Attending Physician
These are DO schools where you could receive interviews with your MCAT and GPA. Many have MCAT medians in the 498 to 502 range, though a few may be higher than 502. Your good GPA should attract attention.

ACOM

ARCOM

BCOM

WCU-COM

LMU-DCOM

UP-KYCOM

WVSOM

UIWSOM

VCOM (all 3 schools)

NYIT-Arkansas

RVU-Utah

Idaho (new school)