What are my chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

preMed468

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do I have a shot/ if so where should I apply (I ideally would like to be close to Boston as my siblings live there)

Heres everything that could possibly matter:

I don't have the best gpa 3.0 science and 3.45 overall (I attend an Ivy League undergrad if that helps a little) I have a C in cell bio, C+ in genetics, and C- in physiology, B- in both orgos B and a B+ in gen chem As in physics, B in biochem

MCAT: 513

I am an URM (puerto rican) resident of Florida

Bio major studio art minor

I have done extensive environmental science chemical research and 1 year of cancer research on peptides sponsored by the mayo clinic

I am a D1 athlete who has won Ivy champs all her years

I have shadowed an eye surgeon, obgyn, neonatal doctor, and in an urgent care/imaging facility

interned at a nonprofit hospital in an underserved location and ran a medicare birth study involving thousands of pregnant women, certified in safe sleep, worked with WIC, worked one on one with new mothers as a breast feeding educator

ran a pilot program for a local elementary school to teach health and fitness (the school did not previously have a PE program)

lead the new student orientation program at my school/ served as year long peer advisor

on mock trial team (qualified to nationals twice)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I suggest these schools with your stats:
All your Florida MD schools
Boston University
Tufts
Brown
Quinnipiac
Albany
New York Medical College
Einstein
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
GW
Georgetown
Oakland Beaumont
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
St. Louis
Creighton
Tulane
You need to apply this month and submit all your secondaries by September sine you are already late in the application cycle. Most September and some October interview slots have already been filled.

I suggest these schools with your stats:
All your Florida MD schools
Boston University
Tufts
Brown
Quinnipiac
Albany
New York Medical College
Einstein
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
GW
Georgetown
Oakland Beaumont
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
St. Louis
Creighton
Tulane
You need to apply this month and submit all your secondaries by September sine you are already late in the application cycle. Most September and some October interview slots have already been filled.
To Faha's list add the three PR schools that take mainlanders.