What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

plshelpmeineedhelp

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Check on the OOS statistics of any public school you apply to outside of TMDSAS. You'll definitely get some attention in-state, but the GPA might not get you as many bites OOS, knowing that Texas schools are much cheaper and your application doesn't say "superstar". Are there any students you've connected with attending any of the in-state schools?

Check on the OOS statistics of any public school you apply to outside of TMDSAS. You'll definitely get some attention in-state, but the GPA might not get you as many bites OOS, knowing that Texas schools are much cheaper and your application doesn't say "superstar". Are there any students you've connected with attending any of the in-state schools?

Hi, thank you for your feedback and I agree with your points. With regards to your last question, I'm not sure what you mean by that. I have friends at most of the in-state Texas schools. Do you mean that I should ask them for their opinion? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, thank you for your feedback and I agree with your points. With regards to your last question, I'm not sure what you mean by that. I have friends at most of the in-state Texas schools. Do you mean that I should ask them for their opinion? Thanks!
The obvious question: why haven't you asked them for their opinions?

The obvious question: why haven't you asked them for their opinions?

I have asked my friends currently in Texas med schools, but because my stats and experiences differ from them, they suggested that I reach out to SDN to gain more insight and feedback from adcoms for a better school list, including OOS options. Thank you again for your insight.

I have asked my friends currently in Texas med schools, but because my stats and experiences differ from them, they suggested that I reach out to SDN to gain more insight and feedback from adcoms for a better school list, including OOS options. Thank you again for your insight.
That's interesting. So they know of no other students in their classes who had similar entering statistics as yours?

That's interesting. So they know of no other students in their classes who had similar entering statistics as yours?

Almost all of my friends had more balanced statistics with a lower MCAT and higher GPA. Additionally they all applied only instate, where as I am also considering OOS options where they don't feel as comfortable giving advice for a school list.

Status
Not open for further replies.