What Are My Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

T_Doctor

Reaction score
REALLY just trying to see where to improve on my application. Any insight from you guys would be much appreciated.

Date of submission: 5/30/2023 (Hopefully!)
Overall GPA: 3.91
Science GPA: 3.89
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.8
DAT score (include AA and all sections):

21 AA

22 TS

23 PAT

26 Gen Chem

19 OChem

24 Bio

20 Reading Comp

18 Quantitative Reasoning

State of Residence: Nevada
Major: Biomedical Science
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No
Shadowing Experience: 157 Hours from all specialties and general

Volunteering Experience: 320 Hours. A lot comes from an Autism Mentorship Program I have at my undergrad. Volunteer Tutoring, charitable thrift stores, food pantries and homeless shelters.

Employment: most valuable: Worked part time at a Disability Developmental Agency. I worked with all types of individuals with mental disabilities.

Research: Only experience I have is from a Biology II Lab. Around 11 hours total.

Other Extracurriculars: Member of my school’s pre-dental society. The treasurer for a semester. Served a mission for my church for 2 years after high school with lots of leadership experience. Played on a volleyball team on campus.

Relevant Honors or Awards: For the life of me, I cannot think of any. Is this category essential? Will it be looked down upon if I do not put anything?

LOR type and strength:
-
I have received one B in undergrad and that was in OChem II. My teacher for that class wrote my LOR (Strong I think haha). I took her for Ochem I and got to know her well.
- Another LOR I have is from a former dental board president (2020). I have gotten to know him through family. He is a practicing dentist now as well so that will be my one dental practitioner LOR.
- GenChem teacher writing one for me (strong).

Misc Info: Graduating with my bachelors this summer. WIFE IS FROM MISSOURI! Still will not get in-state tuition though or consideration /:

School list:
  • University of Nevada Las Vegas
  • LECOM
  • Marquette
  • NOVA
  • A.T. Still Missouri
  • University of Missouri Kansas City
  • Creighton
  • University of Colorado
  • University of Pacific (thinking about taking off. Not super thrilled about UOP)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Why is Utah not your your list? If you want a 3y curriculum, you could try Roseman instead of UoP. Why are you interested in the Missouri schools?

Don't consider the Bio Lab experience as research.

Reactions: 1 user
Why is Utah not your your list? If you want a 3y curriculum, you could try Roseman instead of UoP. Why are you interested in the Missouri schools?

Don't consider the Bio Lab experience as research.
Thank for your reply and insight. I will take out the Bio Lab experience.

I took Utah out of consideration just because I hear that Utah is extremely difficult to get into, even for in-state. I know people with 25/24 AA who get waitlisted.

My wife is from Missouri and it is possible that we end up there or Nevada. Just updated the OP for that!

Members don't see this ad :)
REALLY just trying to see where to improve on my application. Any insight from you guys would be much appreciated.

Date of submission: 5/30/2023 (Hopefully!)
Overall GPA: 3.91
Science GPA: 3.89
Bio-Chem-Physics GPA: 3.8
DAT score (include AA and all sections):

21 AA

22 TS

23 PAT

26 Gen Chem

19 OChem

24 Bio

20 Reading Comp

18 Quantitative Reasoning

State of Residence: Nevada
Major: Biomedical Science
Minority? No
Reapplicant? No
Nontrad? No
Shadowing Experience: 157 Hours from all specialties and general

Volunteering Experience: 320 Hours. A lot comes from an Autism Mentorship Program I have at my undergrad. Volunteer Tutoring, charitable thrift stores, food pantries and homeless shelters.

Employment: most valuable: Worked part time at a Disability Developmental Agency. I worked with all types of individuals with mental disabilities.

Research: Only experience I have is from a Biology II Lab. Around 11 hours total.

Other Extracurriculars: Member of my school’s pre-dental society. The treasurer for a semester. Served a mission for my church for 2 years after high school with lots of leadership experience. Played on a volleyball team on campus.

Relevant Honors or Awards: For the life of me, I cannot think of any. Is this category essential? Will it be looked down upon if I do not put anything?

LOR type and strength:
-
I have received one B in undergrad and that was in OChem II. My teacher for that class wrote my LOR (Strong I think haha). I took her for Ochem I and got to know her well.
- Another LOR I have is from a former dental board president (2020). I have gotten to know him through family. He is a practicing dentist now as well so that will be my one dental practitioner LOR.
- GenChem teacher writing one for me (strong).

Misc Info: Graduating with my bachelors this summer. WIFE IS FROM MISSOURI! Still will not get in-state tuition though or consideration /:

School list:
  • University of Nevada Las Vegas
  • LECOM
  • Marquette
  • NOVA
  • A.T. Still Missouri
  • University of Missouri Kansas City
  • Creighton
  • University of Colorado
  • University of Pacific (thinking about taking off. Not super thrilled about UOP)
did you volunteer/shadow/attend events at unlv d school?