What are my chances...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hey everyone, I have some questions on my chances to MD schools.

I took the MCAT in aug. 07 and got a 28Q. (PS-11,VR-6,BS-11). Took it again in April and got a 32M (PS-13, VR-9, BS-10). I know the second time was good but i am extremely disappointed:(:(. I constantly score in the Mid 30's and have even scored 39 twice on AAMC practice tests. I was expecting 34-37. When it comes to the real thing, I just can't perform. I know my BS is better then a 10, hell i got an 11 the first time!!

Anyways, 28Q, 32M, 3.9 cGPA as well as sGPA. What do you guys think of my chances at cali schools (except linda)? I do not really care to go outside of cali, so what do you guys think? would love UC Davis or UCLA.....:rolleyes:

BTW, 1st generation college student, English is my second language (hence cant crap 10 in VR to save my life!), born in India.

Members don't see this ad.

You did quite well on your 2nd attempt at the MCAT except its a bit unbalanced. GPA-wise you are in good condition.

To stay in CA I hope you have a lot of clinical and research experience, and preferably some community service. Remember that CA is highly competitive and average MCAT = 33 and GPA = 3.6.

If you just want to be a doctor you should apply broadly to out of state schools. In my opinion I would apply to other schools as well. I would love to stay in CA as well but I do not want to waste a year trying to reapply.

Good luck with your applications. :)

Wow. You would be a shoe-in outside Cali, but from what I hear, it's more of a crap-shoot in that state. Good luck! If you apply broadly and early, you'll get an acceptance!

Hey guys,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Last edited: