• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW

What are my chances?

pinkya10

10+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2008
Hello,

I'm currently a junior - just finished my first semester. I'm majoring in Biomedical Engineering. I have a 3.40 gpa. I've researched in a lab for 2+ years and I have have a publication. I'm currently the president of two organizations. I haven't taken my mcats yet..but what are my chances of getting in? I want to apply during the summer.

Sep 4, 2006
The Other Side of the Portal
  1. Attending Physician
The mean GPA for students accepted to medical schools is about 3.65. In the absence of a known MCAT score it's hard to judge whether you have a chance. I'd say if your GPA stays the same, you would need an MCAT of 33+. You also need clinical experience and altruistic service (volunteerism). The absence of these two things would endanger your application even if your GPA was 4.0, so you might want to get them started. It sounds like your research experience is above average and you have two leadership roles. Hopefully there are other Extracurriculars you can list for hobbies, sports, or involvement in the arts.

About the Ads
About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.