Dec 7, 2010
Status
Other Health Professions Student
Here is a little background:

B.S. Biology GPA 3.49 (2005)
B.S Nursing GPA 3.6 (2006)

Now, I am 27 and I am currently enrolled in a M.H.S. program specializing in Nurse Anesthesia (GPA 3.98) and will graduate in 2011. I really like the profession, but it seems that I am always looking for more.

I have yet to take the MCAT because I am not even sure that I stand a remote chance of being accepted.

What do you think?

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
10+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2006
Camp SDN: The Place for Summer Fun
What is your overall composite undergrad GPA including all classes taken before you got into the graduate-level program and what is your BCPM (AMCAS) GPA and sGPA (AACOMAS). Neither of the latter includes Nursing coursework.

With a decent MCAT score, you would be highly likely to get into a DO program. With a great MCAT score, an MD acceptance is possible. This assumes the usual and customary ECs, strong LORs, and a good interview.

Aug 16, 2009
California
Status
Medical Student
I think you will have the clinical experience covered, but you also have to think about volunteering and research. If you don't have either of those I would recommend acquiring both which will increase you chances of acceptance. Like Catalystik said you need to do well on the MCAT

OP
S
Dec 7, 2010
Status
Other Health Professions Student
Catalystik,

Please excuse my ignorance, but I am not really sure how to calculate the BCPM (AMCAS) GPA and sGPA (AACOMAS), so I will have to do a search and get back to you.

Catalystik and freothalaf, thank you both for your time.