What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smorris

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is a little background:

B.S. Biology GPA 3.49 (2005)
B.S Nursing GPA 3.6 (2006)

Now, I am 27 and I am currently enrolled in a M.H.S. program specializing in Nurse Anesthesia (GPA 3.98) and will graduate in 2011. I really like the profession, but it seems that I am always looking for more.

I have yet to take the MCAT because I am not even sure that I stand a remote chance of being accepted.

What do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

What is your overall composite undergrad GPA including all classes taken before you got into the graduate-level program and what is your BCPM (AMCAS) GPA and sGPA (AACOMAS). Neither of the latter includes Nursing coursework.

With a decent MCAT score, you would be highly likely to get into a DO program. With a great MCAT score, an MD acceptance is possible. This assumes the usual and customary ECs, strong LORs, and a good interview.

I think you will have the clinical experience covered, but you also have to think about volunteering and research. If you don't have either of those I would recommend acquiring both which will increase you chances of acceptance. Like Catalystik said you need to do well on the MCAT

Members don't see this ad :)
Catalystik,

Please excuse my ignorance, but I am not really sure how to calculate the BCPM (AMCAS) GPA and sGPA (AACOMAS), so I will have to do a search and get back to you.

Catalystik and freothalaf, thank you both for your time.