What are my odds of getting in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SwissyD

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've been seeing a lot of people's stats on here and thought I'd throw mine into the ring. A lot of the scores I see on here are better than mine, but I feel like they aren't a good representation of the application pool. Thoughts? I'm from a small town in Wisconsin who went to the University of Minnesota if it matters.

Major: Biochemistry
GPA:3.50 sGPA:3.48 BCP: 3.44
DAT: 20AA/19TS/22QR/19PA
Volunteering:
EMT at MLB park 400+ hours: 2 years
Volunteer Teaching immigrants and refugees: 40 hours (2 semesters)
Abroad: Nicaragua for a week in a makeshift clinic for medical doctors, dentists, pharmacists
Research: 900+ hours in a Neurobio lab studying astrocytes. I lead my own project with a team of students helping me. Wrote a Capstone paper on the subject.
Shadowing: 100+ hours
Other: University-accredited Spanish Language Proficiency, State EMT license, Minnesota Volunteer Teaching certificate.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone. I've been seeing a lot of people's stats on here and thought I'd throw mine into the ring. A lot of the scores I see on here are better than mine, but I feel like they aren't a good representation of the application pool. Thoughts? I'm from a small town in Wisconsin who went to the University of Minnesota if it matters.

Volunteering:
Abroad: Nicaragua for a week in a makeshift clinic for medical doctors, dentists, pharmacists
Research: 900+ hours in a Neurobio lab studying astrocytes. I lead my own project with a team of students helping me. Wrote a Capstone paper on the subject.
Other: University-accredited Spanish Language Proficiency, State EMT license, Minnesota Volunteer Teaching certificate.
Looks good. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users

Volunteering:
Yeah you look like a competitive applicant. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Your GPA and DAT scores are about average and your ECs seem great, so assuming your LORs and personal statement are good, you will definitely get interviews. Interview well and you will have no problem getting acceptances.

Reactions: 1 user

Volunteering:

Odds are good, I would apply to 15+ programs though.