-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
What are premed requirements.
Started by sunshinesunny
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Does BS in electrical engineering satisfy those requirements.
Not usually -- you will not have the bio.
In general, premed requirements for US allo are two semesters of each of math, physics, gen chemistry, organic chem, biology, and english. Some minority of schools also require biochem or statistics, and some require the math to be calculus.
Right, the prereqs that I had to fill-in were the Biology (TMDSAS is actually 4 semesters of Bio, as opposed to most schools' 2 semesters) and Organic Chemistry prereqs. Also, at my school, at the time I attended, EEs were only required to take one semester of English, so I needed to take another semester.Not usually -- you will not have the bio.
In general, premed requirements for US allo are two semesters of each of math, physics, gen chemistry, organic chem, biology, and english. Some minority of schools also require biochem or statistics, and some require the math to be calculus.
You should be covered with Physics and Math (it WILL be Calculus) and my Ugrad school required us to take 2 extra semesters of science, which I chose to be Gen. Chem. (with lab.) If you plan your electives correctly, I think it is easily possible to meet all the prereqs when you obtain a BS in EE. I chose my electives to be mostly Humanities/Social Sciences Courses, as well as additional EE courses/projects, as those were what interested me most at the time, but there is no reason you couldn't choose them to be the extra Bio and OChem classes you need to fill out the prereqs.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does BS in electrical engineering satisfy those requirements.
It satisfies the requirement of having a BS degree. And probably the math and phsyics requirements. But as others have said, you need to make sure to meet to bio and chem requirements as well (at a minimum). And even though things may be different in Pakistan, US med schools pretty much require volunteering, shadowing, significant clinical exposure, and community service evidenced in your application as well. So be sure to not trivialize your extra curriculars.
Why do people post questions like this on the forums? I mean, if we said you had to take 12 years of floral arranging before you could get in, would you just do it? Or would you look up the answer for yourself (*cough* MSAR *cough*)
Why do people post questions like this on the forums? I mean, if we said you had to take 12 years of floral arranging before you could get in, would you just do it? Or would you look up the answer for yourself (*cough* MSAR *cough*)
I thought that it was only 10 years?
Why do people post questions like this on the forums? I mean, if we said you had to take 12 years of floral arranging before you could get in, would you just do it? Or would you look up the answer for yourself (*cough* MSAR *cough*)
Right on. All people have to do is look on a med school web site for the answer. Obviously too lazy or not bright enough.
that's only if you have AP credit.I thought that it was only 10 years?
I thought that it was only 10 years?
It's normally 10, but you should go for 12 if you have more stamena
Not usually -- you will not have the bio.
In general, premed requirements for US allo are two semesters of each of math, physics, gen chemistry, organic chem, biology, and english. Some minority of schools also require biochem or statistics, and some require the math to be calculus.
And some require 1-3 semesters of behavioral science. And some require that a certain amount of the coursework be completed in the United States.
And some require 1-3 semesters of behavioral science. And some require that a certain amount of the cousework be completed in the United States.
Really? What med schools require Behavioral science?
Really? What med schools require Behavioral science?
UIC requires 2 semesters of psych and an additional semester of another behavioral/social science.
Really? What med schools require Behavioral science?
UIC requires 2 semesters of psych and an additional semester of another behavioral/social science.
Precisely one I was thinking of.
Ponce (Puerto Rico) requires behavioral science also.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 409