what are some hospital jobs that I could get certified in less than 2 months?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lightthecandle

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to eventually get my associates degree in nursing. however, I want to start working in a hospital for a year before I do. What are some jobs besides becoming a CNA that I can do so that I could get a job at a hospital? could I be some sort of hospital tech? but I need something I can do in less than 2 months time, or study for 2 months time, take the test, and get certified! please help, I'm so new to all this. thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You could do EMT-B and work at a hospital as a Patient Care Tech. But if you want to go to Nursing School after that, you have to get a CNA instead, because Nursing Schools now require you to become a CNA first...

You could do EMT-B and work at a hospital as a Patient Care Tech. But if you want to go to Nursing School after that, you have to get a CNA instead, because Nursing Schools now require you to become a CNA first...

What? No nursing school I know of requires that. Is that just an associates thing? Citation please?

Members don't see this ad :)
in AZ also...a new requirement w/in the last five years...

trying to 'weed' some out early i suppose...

EKG tech. Most boring job ever but at least you'll get good at reading EKGs

The programs near me require cna as a prereq for nursing school as well.

Making a broad generalization, based on n=2 in Illinois, maybe it's the ADN programs requiring the CNA for entrance to their nursing programs. College of Dupage in Illinois also requires the CNA. However, I am not aware of any BSN programs requiring the CNA.

Oldiebutgoodie

Accelerated EMT-B courses last about 2 months or so. Good experience and exposure. If you like it and are serious about the field, you can go on and get your paramedic. But I will warn you, and so will any other EMT/Paramedic on here, you either fit into the EMS field or you don't. You can't force it.

Good luck!

anyone know where I could become an EKG tech in northern/central jersey? do I go to a community college to get certified or something?

also, what about a CNA? how much do the classes tend to take? and can't I take the CNA exam and get certified or do I have to take classes first for it? i'm so confused!