What are some situational interview questions to be aware of?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

September24

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
By situation questions, i mean, "tell me about a time where...." Type questions. For example, tell me about a time where you had to work in a group.

I noticed that I seem to blank on these types of questions in interviews. I can think of moments that are relevant afterwards but seem to blank at the time.

Can anyone tell me some high yield situational interview questions. How do people prepare for these. Ive been studying my resume.

Members don't see this ad.

I can't think of any situational interview questions that are high yield, your best bet to find them is to go to that school's specific Interview Feedback page and see what questions get repeated more than once.

Browse through the interview feedback portion of these forums.

Here's one:
Tell about a time you failed at something.

By situation questions, i mean, "tell me about a time where...." Type questions. For example, tell me about a time where you had to work in a group.

I noticed that I seem to blank on these types of questions in interviews. I can think of moments that are relevant afterwards but seem to blank at the time.

Can anyone tell me some high yield situational interview questions. How do people prepare for these. Ive been studying my resume.