What are the best books/resources for intermediate-advanced EKG?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cooljoe

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, looking for some good resources beyond the basic Dubin.

From what I gather EKG maven is a nice source and The Only EKG Book You'll Ever Need is a step up from Dubin. Also, if anyone could suggest a recommended study regimen that would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Only if you're a code junkie getting ready for boards. Seen too many ruined junior fellows who learned only the patterns, and not the basis, off that book. Easy for attendings to toy with, when they trot out their challenging ECG sets.

Hurst's Ventricular Electrocardiography (if you can find a copy) will get you grounded on the vector concept. Kind of a Cliff Notes for the next book I mention (and I prefer).
Marriott's Practical Electrocardiography will give you a more structural basis of ECG findings. Good for students and residents.

If you want to know every cotton picking detail about an ECG finding, than look up the real ECG Bible, aka Chou's Electrocardiography in Clinical Practice.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Databases/workbooks for intensive ECG interpretation practice:

Podrid's Real-World ECG series
O'Keefe's Complete Guide for ECG (emphasizes criteria for coding for boards, newer edition supposedly on its way)
Zimmerman's Clinical Electrocardiography (more systematic and elaborate explanations than O'Keefe, complete with citations, but coding sheet is out of date)
Any ECG SAP (almost impossible to find since ACC discontinued it, coding sheets are out of date)
ECGsource (heavy coding practice, a must for those preparing for cardiology boards)

ECG Source for practice ECG interpretation - a large number of ECGs at a modest price that can be accessed on any computer or mobile device.