strongboy2005

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'm saving Uworld for the last month. Until then, what are the best resources for paper questions? I know the Taus guide says Kaplan Qbook, but I think its tedious because the questions are not broken down by system. Are there any other good paper resources out there?

DrVanNostran

10+ Year Member
Mar 19, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'm saving Uworld for the last month. Until then, what are the best resources for paper questions? I know the Taus guide says Kaplan Qbook, but I think its tedious because the questions are not broken down by system. Are there any other good paper resources out there?
First Aid Q&A and Robbins review are both excellent options IMO

kryptik

10+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
here you go, breakdown of qbook http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=717925

also the Pretest series and webpath are a good source of targeted questions,

Dec 9, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'm not sure when this Taus method became the gold standard.

Go with the Robbins' question book. About half of Step 1 is path, so you'll be more than prepared if you go through Robbins.

Rabbit Hole

We're all mad here.
Dec 29, 2009
Wonderland
Status
Medical Student
I think FA Q&A is the way to go if you want questions broken down by system (exactly like the chapters in FA). They also have a full length exam at the end. Plus, this book is literally the paper manifestation of 1000+ Q's from USMLERx. I have it on my computer and it says in the preface:

Almost 1000 high-yield USMLE-style questions based on the top-rated
USMLERx Qmax Step 1 Test Bank (www.usmlerx.com).

mordounhas

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2007
Status
Medical Student
If you can find a copy of it cheap, the 2004 Qbook is divided into section tests (17 in all I believe for 850 questions). The questions are obviously not as new (and therefore might not be quite as useful), but if you can find it and it's cheap, I'd say it's worth a shot. I stumbled across a copy at a used book store.

strongboy2005

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hey thanks for all the good suggestions. So besides Kaplan Qbook, Robbins Review of Pathology, and First Aid Q&A, what other question books might be useful? I'd like to have a good list of them to help out future people looking for this information.