What are the REAL T10 medical schools by reputation/training/research opportunities?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Step 2 has less variance than step 1. By its very nature, it will be a much less powerful tool to stratify applicants
I'm not there yet, so I don't know. You might be right. It might also be that clinical evaluations and interviews will take on greater importance, in addition to the lower variance Step 2 scores.

It's just that it does not go without saying that school prestige, as measured by a magazine survey everyone except us seems to deride, is going to become the universally adopted substitute for a Step 1 score.

Members don't see this ad.

The 33.6% was for Med School Seniors, which was still over representative for the top 40 for the total of 79% of seniors matching ortho.

I think the thread was more based on T10/20 success versus T40. I would think the over representation of success would be noticeably larger.
All bets off if you stop talking about US MD Seniors, I think it is definitely worth sacrificing some location or extra cash to be an MD over DO/IMG for applying these surgical subspecialties. The MD bias is huge. I'm thinking about the premeds who pick between a cheaper instate MD school or some merit aid, versus a large research center. Based on the NRMP data, we can tell them there is no real difference in their chance of being an orthopod or whatever they want.

I do not think T10-20 will differ from T40, when T40 doesn't differ from the other 100+. We'll never know, would be impossible to see in match lists, because they don't disclose how many people went unmatched. If there is any difference I think it would be where people train within the field, there is definitely a bias among the high NIH funding programs to recruit from themselves and each other.

Reactions: 2 users
Step 2 has less variance than step 1. By its very nature, it will be a much less powerful tool to stratify applicants
Nah the standard deviation for 1 is 18 and 2 is 15, it really won't be different at all from when Step 1 was scored and Step 2 CK was essentially optional. They also have exactly the same SEM

Reactions: 1 users