What are you doing for your last pre-med summer??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrBodacious

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering for those of you who've been accepted, what are your plans for the summer before med school? Are you going to do something fun for yourself, seeing as it will be one of the last breaks free of any academic obligations? just work? are you going to do an internship/research? are you going to start studying for gross anatomy?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going to go to Italy with my girlfriend, and with any luck also finish the CD I've been working on since about forever. Nothing too studious...I figure I'll get plenty of that in upcoming years.

Members don't see this ad :)
If I get accepted into med school, I'll go backpacking in Europe once more!!!!!!!!!!!

I def. am planning on doing some European travel. I went solo last summer through italy and france for 6 weeks and had a ball!
This summer I'm planning on spending 2 months in Europe with a Eurail pass. Good times. I also plan on sending out TONS of graduation announcements and praying I get some summer fun money in return! (I know, I'm evil).

Word to the wise: You don't have to stay in hostels to get cheap rates on a place to crash in Europe. I stayed in hotels every single night and paid between 20 and 40 dollars a night. Yeah, a hostel may be 10 but I liked the peace of mind that I was in my own rooom and didn't have to share a bathroom with anyone. All the hotels I stayed in were mom and pop places (20 or so rooms) and i found all of them on the internet so I saw photos before I booked. Try www.statravel.com for some good rates on hotels.

i wish i can do something fun....

i havent thought about it yet....but at least i can fantasize about your trips ;)