What are you doing?

Started by ashilb
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The lights are flickering - we lost our power for 15 days after Sandy - PTSD. The insulation below the house got washed away so I'm waiting for the imminent cold and darkness. :scared:
 
House and dog sitting until Sunday for quite the crew of misfits.. Two yappy schnauzer/ poodle mixes.. And two Great Danes (my fav breed 😀 ) one of which only has three legs and the other is deaf and almost completely blind. This is gonna be interesting 😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
View from our back deck. 😱
Only 12 hours worth of snow.
ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1356632923.686020.jpg
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Finally able to rest today! Long arse day at work(stupid cows being stubborn) and it ain't over yet. 🙁 Back to work in under 2 hours. I hope it's slow tonight at the bar.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I went home for a week and now my clothes + luggage are covered in cat + dog hair. I'm watching 30 rock while attacking them all w/a lint brush in the hopes that I can remove it all before my highly allergic bf comes back from winter break.

(spoiler alert: I can't remove it all, ever! I can be away from my pets for 6 months and still find their fur on all my clothes)
 
Just sent in my Cornell deposit 😀

And now I'll be going to bed at 10:50pm on a Friday night because I have to work tomorrow at my SA clinic since this is the time of year when everyone but me gets sick and can't work. Vegan diets yo - I haven't been sick in 4 years!
 
Last edited:
Huh, I guess it isn't actually that late...it just feels like it because 1) I know people who took theirs down like Jan 2 and 2) we aren't actually at the house where we spent Christmas again until I leave for school again (we're sort of in the process of moving).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I brought ALL my nice clothes with me to my Mizzou interview (yes, I was a little nervous:laugh:) and figured I wouldn't have to wear them again for a while so I left them in my trunk...guess who forgot they have a scholarship banquet tonight and now only has wrinkly clothing! 🙂

Looks like I'm going to have to go buy an iron...
 
Huh, I guess it isn't actually that late...it just feels like it because 1) I know people who took theirs down like Jan 2 and 2) we aren't actually at the house where we spent Christmas again until I leave for school again (we're sort of in the process of moving).

Oh It's probably getting to that time where decorations are just tacky but my husband and I always are terrible about taking them down before February. It's like an extended holiday!


Fun fact: One of our neighbors had 3 dried out Christmas trees on their front porch until July last year. And then the fire hazard moved from the porch to a DUMPSTER they put on the side of their house. The trees are still there. For whatever it's worth- I live in a nicer neighborhood. I'm excited to see what happens with this year's Christmas trees! 😀