What are your thoughts on these school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

A619

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, what are your thoughts on these school? WASU, OSU, UH Hilo, UCSD, UCSF, Creighton, Oregon Pacific, and UW. I need to narrow down my choices but I couldn't get much info from their websites...Could anyone that's familiar with their program give me any feedbacks/Pros and Cons? Thank you!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys, what are your thoughts on these school? WASU, OSU, UH Hilo, UCSD, UCSF, Creighton, Oregon Pacific, and UW. I need to narrow down my choices but I couldn't get much info from their websites...Could anyone that's familiar with their program give me any feedbacks/Pros and Cons? Thank you!!!

you seriously couldn't find any additional info on....UCSF?

....seriously? :eyebrow:

UCSF is really, really new and is a bottom tier school. Obviously there's no information on it, Confetti.

No wonder you couldn't get into a CA school, GOSH! :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)

Last edited:

Oregon Pacific? Is that UOP? Never heard it called that before. For OSU do you mean Oregon or Ohio? Most of those are top quality schools. Search and you will find all of the info you need.

Oregon Pacific? Is that UOP? Never heard it called that before. For OSU do you mean Oregon or Ohio? Most of those are top quality schools. Search and you will find all of the info you need.

There is a Pacific in Oregon, Liquidice goes there. It's extra confusing because UoP's moniker is Pacific a lot of the time.

WOW!! i didnt say that i couldn't find ANY info from their websites, i've read their website and threads that pertain to those schools, but I wanted to know MORE about these schools, things that aren't mentioned. Ex: con of UCSD, 20:1 teacher to student ratio, school's limited funding, pharmacy and medical students attend the same class and not many pharmacy students are happy about that....things of that sort. CHILLAX:p

ps. Oregon Pacific is a private pharmacy school that just got accredited

UCSF is really, really new and is a bottom tier school. Obviously there's no information on it, Confetti.

No wonder you couldn't get into a CA school, GOSH! :rolleyes:

wow, can you be any more sarcastic? and fyi, I didnt even apply to any CA schools, so how can I not get into one? :shrug:

WOW!! i didnt say that i couldn't find ANY info from their websites, i've read their website and threads that pertain to those schools, but I wanted to know MORE about these schools, things that aren't mentioned. Ex: con of UCSD, 20:1 teacher to student ratio, school's limited funding, pharmacy and medical students attend the same class and not many pharmacy students are happy about that....things of that sort. CHILLAX:p

ps. Oregon Pacific is a private pharmacy school that just got accredited

UCSD is in San Diego I heard. UCSF is in the bay, I think.

Hope that helps.

Didn't Pacific University just change their name to Pacific University Oregon? I thought I read that. I wonder if it is closer to an actual ocean than UOP. That name just seems wrong for its location. I always thought they should trade names with Pepperdine for truth in advertising reasons.

Members don't see this ad :)
Didn't Pacific University just change their name to Pacific University Oregon? I thought I read that. I wonder if it is closer to an actual ocean than UOP. That name just seems wrong for its location. I always thought they should trade names with Pepperdine for truth in advertising reasons.

Yuck, Pepperdine is a stupid name! :cool:

Pacific just implies that it's in the Pacific area, not ON the Pacific ocean or something. Have you never heard "Pacific Northwest" in reference to Oregon/Washington St.? You never hear New England called the "Atlantic Northeast", because it's got nothing to do with the ocean directly.

I guess we should rename UCSD to La Jolla Beach School, by that logic. It doesn't get much closer to ye olde pond than San Diego.

Given the geography of all the schools but Creighton :confused:..... I think you can figure which one he meant.

UCSD is in San Diego I heard. UCSF is in the bay, I think.

Hope that helps.

I think that's just a rumor. San Diego isn't real; it's just an urban legend like Bigfoot or Passion4Sci's wit and charm.

OP-check out the school's information page on www.pharmcas.org or email the school with your questions or attend the school's open house. They're all excellent choices.

There is a Pacific in Oregon, Liquidice goes there. It's extra confusing because UoP's moniker is Pacific a lot of the time.

Ironically, UoP (University of the Pacific) is, by law, not allowed to use UoP as it is copyrighted by University of Phoenix. Even though University of the Pacific was in existence before University of Phoenix, the school f*d up and didn't get the copyright. Of course most people just refer to University of the Pacific as UoP anyways...:laugh:

haha, there's this tech school out here in PA called "UTI" :laugh: i laughed my ass off when it came on TV.

chillax...i hate that word, i remember people using it in middle school, good thing people i know realized it was ******ed and stopped using it.

and I vote for UCLJ, same reason why UCI should have been UCNB. Ever see a map of orange county? There's a giant curve slicing into Newport thanks to the campus, I call it campus gerrymandering.

and only an idiot would look on the school's website for their info, there's this new site called google that i heard about. oh, and apparently SDN has a search function too, who woulda thunk? :smuggrin:

UCSF, UCSD, and UW are good.

The rest are blah...

Google searching helps. Also, asking the school to send you more information help too.

We are called Pacific University Oregon... Completely, 100%, not bearing any resemblance to the University of the Pacific. geesh

Alright - There may be a slight bit of confusion...

UCSF, UCSD, and UW are good.

The rest are blah...

Your blah... and my school's reputation can totally beat up your school's reputation.

But then, my school doesn't rank high on US news pharm school ranking :(

PS - Make sure you take the time to learn about each school before making a blanket statement. Other wise you are just posting rumor on rumor, which is a wholly evil practice

Your blah... and my school's reputation can totally beat up your school's reputation.

But then, my school doesn't rank high on US news pharm school ranking :(

PS - Make sure you take the time to learn about each school before making a blanket statement. Other wise you are just posting rumor on rumor, which is a wholly evil practice

I rank schools by cost ALONE, who cares about the US news! :laugh:

I rank schools by cost ALONE, who cares about the US news! :laugh:

Are you talking to me? I don't see anyone else here? So you must be talking to me... You think your school is more expensive then mine. I mean really?

Ha - I hear Mercer is pretty expensive - I think Pacific and Mercer cost about the same actually. We are rocking 36k per year now (tuition alone). How much is Mercer nowadays?

Are you talking to me? I don't see anyone else here? So you must be talking to me... You think your school is more expensive then mine. I mean really?

Ha - I hear Mercer is pretty expensive - I think Pacific and Mercer cost about the same actually. We are rocking 36k per year now (tuition alone). How much is Mercer nowadays?

College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
Doctor of Pharmacy for 2009-2010

Students enrolled in 12 or more hours per semester:​
First, Second, Third Year (per semester)
Tuition $14,261.50
Technology Fee $ 100.00
Fourth Professional Year Tuition
(Per five-week Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience)
$ 4,075.00

Mercer is expensive, but its cheap for me b/c I am lucky to have family in the area. Also Mercer is nice enough to award me with a $5000 dollars scholarship. They continue to award 5k scholarships to students that stay in the top 10 of their class. So Mercer is around 24k a year for me or 100K for 4 years. Still NOT cheap, but "tolerable" I guess.

The ranking is from the Cheapest>>>>to the most Expensive actually. ;)

Last edited:
To the OP, what are your specific questions on these schools? What type of pharmacy are you interested in? What kind of place do you want to live in for four years?

I'll be a student at UW next year. I've lived in Seattle for six years now, and I really like the city. There are lots of job opportunities for pharmacy internships in a variety of different areas in part because Seattle is so big. I like that UW is involved in a lot of pharmacy research and is at the forefront of new pharmacy practices.

It might be easier to narrow down your list to about three or four schools based on info on the school's website: i.e. class list, activities for students, certificates for students, etc. Then you can come back here and ask more specific questions, or go in the specific school threads.

Mercer is expensive, but its cheap for me b/c I am lucky to have family in the area. Also Mercer is nice enough to award me with a $5000 dollars scholarship. They continue to award 5k scholarships to students that stay in the top 10 of their class. So Mercer is around 24k a year for me or 100K for 4 years. Still NOT cheap, but "tolerable" I guess.

The ranking is from the Cheapest>>>>to the most Expensive actually. ;)

but that would make Pacific a cheaper school... :confused:

On a serious note - what is that on the hood of your avatar's car???

but that would make Pacific a cheaper school... :confused:

On a serious note - what is that on the hood of your avatar's car???

Nah, Mercer's tuition is 29K a year and Pacific, you say, was 36K a year. :p
I am sure Pacific is an awesome school and I know nothing about Mercer so it could be a good school or a bad school, I don't know. I will let you know after P1 is over. LOL...I just know if I had to take out living expenses + tuition then I would choose not to attend. 100K debt is my limit.

OH and to answer your question. The HOTTEST new speedy 30. Here is a picture of it. Try NOT to faint after you see how hot this bag is. ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/LOUIS-VUITTON-S...trkparms=65:12|66:2|39:1|72:1205|293:1|294:50http://www.louisvuitton.com/web/flash/index.jsp?langue=en_US&buy=1&direct1=ebou