What Caribbean Med Schools to apply?

Started by unique135
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

unique135

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello Everyone,

My ambition is straight and simple: Get into med schools...and practice in US especially Texas or Georgia; but I would also like to think for restrictive states like California or New York.

I am applying for Caribbean Schools. I am getting more and more confused about their selection - accreditation, residency and clinical.

I have applied to top 4: SGU, Saba, AUC & Ross but I want to apply to others as well to increase my chances.

I would appreciate if you recommend me some more Caribbean schools. Overall, I need to practice in US especially Texas.


Thank you for your generosity.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello Everyone,

My ambition is straight and simple: Get into med schools...and practice in US especially Texas or Georgia; but I would also like to think for restrictive states like California or New York.

I am applying for Caribbean Schools. I am getting more and more confused about their selection - accreditation, residency and clinical.

I have applied to top 4: SGU, Saba, AUC & Ross but I want to apply to others as well to increase my chances.

I would appreciate if you recommend me some more Caribbean schools. Overall, I need to practice in US especially Texas.


Thank you for your generosity.

Uh none?
Your GPA isn't too bad on your mdapps...did you bomb your MCAT or something?
 
None. Really. Don't go Caribbean. Do anything but that.
Agreed. OP, if you actually wish to practice apply in the US (MD or DO). Of course people who actually graduate from Caribbean schools with respectable scores will place into residencies but why risk it? Apply US or retake mcat if it's that bad.
 
Hello Everyone,

My ambition is straight and simple: Get into med schools...and practice in US especially Texas or Georgia; but I would also like to think for restrictive states like California or New York.

I am applying for Caribbean Schools. I am getting more and more confused about their selection - accreditation, residency and clinical.

I have applied to top 4: SGU, Saba, AUC & Ross but I want to apply to others as well to increase my chances.

I would appreciate if you recommend me some more Caribbean schools. Overall, I need to practice in US especially Texas.


Thank you for your generosity.

As many have said on many, many threads, the success rate for Caribbean school matriculants is terrible and is getting worse every year. Basically the number of US medical school grads has gone up drastically, the number of residency slots has stayed the same, and Caribbean grads have gotten forced out. Grads with Ortho quality board scores are now competing for slots in rural Family medicine programs. The more average students are either victims of the Caribbean's incredibly high failout rate or they just don't match and drown in student debt forever, since student loans can't be discharged in bankruptcy.

I honestly can't understand why you're considering these schools. Your profile says you have a GPA way above the matriculant average. If your problem is the MCAT then retake the MCAT, if you can't figure out standardized tests then you're never going to manage the USMLE anyway. The Caribbean is a terrible choice for your career.
 
Judging by the OP's MDApp profile, they are not a US citizen / permanent resident of the USA. This is probably a big hurdle for MD or DO school in the USA.
I've heard that med schools in India are taught in English and place in the US just fine as I've talked with some myself.
 
Hello Everyone,

My ambition is straight and simple: Get into med schools...and practice in US especially Texas or Georgia; but I would also like to think for restrictive states like California or New York.

I am applying for Caribbean Schools. I am getting more and more confused about their selection - accreditation, residency and clinical.

I have applied to top 4: SGU, Saba, AUC & Ross but I want to apply to others as well to increase my chances.

I would appreciate if you recommend me some more Caribbean schools. Overall, I need to practice in US especially Texas.


Thank you for your generosity.

Looks like you got the top four picked out already. Only go to the tropics if you need to. SGU appeals to my geeky side because it reminds me of a "Stargate University!" 😀
 
Don't mind them ^

You will get more help here:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=90

STFU freshman...if there's anyone he shouldn't be minding its you.

Caribbean should seriously be your last choice. You should explore any way you could apply/matriculate at a US MD/DO or Canadian school first (noticed you started doing ECs in Canada) before you resort to Caribbean schools. Besides that, if you were going to apply Caribbean I definitely wouldn't apply to any outside the ones you named unless you actually like flushing money down the toilet.
 
You should at least try US MD/DO first. You have a great GPA and good volunteer experience. What were your MCAT scores?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm going to assume you are a Canadian citizen/permanent resident rather than a US one.

First step is apply Canadian.

Second step is apply Canadian + American.

Third step is apply Canadian + American + look into European schools.

Seriously, Caribbean should be a very last resort.
 
Third step is apply Canadian + American + look into European schools.

Seriously, Caribbean should be a very last resort.
Are you talking about those eastern European schools that are listed on valuemd, such as the ones in Poland?
 
No, I'm talking about UK schools. Australia is also a better option than the Caribbean.
 
MSUCOM is suppose to take 25 Canadians per year for the next 3 or 4 years. This is suppose to help grow the DO degree in Canada. Maybe check this out?
 
No, I'm talking about UK schools. Australia is also a better option than the Caribbean.

This isn't true. While reputation-wise UK/Australia is definitely more appealing than the Caribbean, the big 4 give you something these schools abroad can't - that's AMERICAN experience. People overlook how VITAL this is to a residency position. Clinicals in the US gives you an opportunity to network in the hospitals you could potentially be applying to and gives you those all-important LORs from US based doctors. At the end of the day, you're both FMGs, except one of you has had exposure to the American system (which btw is much different than the UK/Australian systems) and the other does not. Given similar board scores, I know which one of those 2 applicants I'm more partial too...

OP if you're set on the Carib - stick STRICTLY to the big 4 and don't go beyond that. You will get in somewhere. If open to it, I do suggest figuring out your weakness, addressing that and applying US MD/DO. When people say Carib should be your last option it's implied you've tried 2-3 (maybe more if u can afford it) times to get in here. GL!
 
This isn't true. While reputation-wise UK/Australia is definitely more appealing than the Caribbean, the big 4 give you something these schools abroad can't - that's AMERICAN experience. People overlook how VITAL this is to a residency position. Clinicals in the US gives you an opportunity to network in the hospitals you could potentially be applying to and gives you those all-important LORs from US based doctors. At the end of the day, you're both FMGs, except one of you has had exposure to the American system (which btw is much different than the UK/Australian systems) and the other does not. Given similar board scores, I know which one of those 2 applicants I'm more partial too...

OP if you're set on the Carib - stick STRICTLY to the big 4 and don't go beyond that. You will get in somewhere. If open to it, I do suggest figuring out your weakness, addressing that and applying US MD/DO. When people say Carib should be your last option it's implied you've tried 2-3 (maybe more if u can afford it) times to get in here. GL!

Queensland gives you 2 years of clinical experience at Oschner in NOLA. I'd say that counts. I'd go to Queensland wayyyy before I'd do carib.
 
In all honesty... medical school is medical school.

No one REALLY cares where you went all that much.

However, OP I think your GPA is decent enough, and pending your MCAT results, you have a real shot at Canadian/US MD schools.

Caribbean schools are NOT poor by any means. Contrary to popular belief on SDN, the arrogance that floats around here ("I get nervous when a Caribbean grad performs an exam on me" etc.), I think some of the schools are quite great. Your professors are the people who wrote the textbook. You have 1 or 2 people to a cadaver. You live in a tropical climate for 2 years... doesn't sound SO bad.

However, there are downsides. I won't get into those... but I think you should look at all of your options before deciding to go offshore for medical training.

Best of luck. :luck:

check out www.valuemd.com
 
Queensland gives you 2 years of clinical experience at Oschner in NOLA. I'd say that counts. I'd go to Queensland wayyyy before I'd do carib.

I wasn't aware of that - it definitely counts. But (as far as I know) this seems to be the exception not the rule. What if OP's friend doesn't get into Queensland? It's just 1 school out of many that happen to have this option. At the same time it's only 1 clinical site, as opposed to the several associated with the big 4 (doesn't SGU have a legal agreement with a several NY area hospitals?) My point still remains - the big 4 gives you way more opportunity for residency networking than UK/Australia does.

Around here going Caribbean is like admitting you have the plague, while it should not be ANYONE'S first (or second or third picks) it's definitely a better backup than going to the UK/Australia where you're abroad for 4 years. Again, at the end of the day your BOTH FMGs.

Not to mention Carib schools teach for USMLEs while the others teach for THEIR boards. I'm not too certain how it works with UK/Aussie schools licencing but I'm assuming you must also pass their boards too. So that just means you need to study for 2 sets of boards whose information may or may not conflict (I haven't studied med abroad so I can't say for certain).

OP-don't let the whole "stigma" of the Caribbean prevent your friend from making a well-informed decision (read: take what you read here with a grain of salt - want to know how it really is? I suggest talking to PDs directly and get their 2 cents)
 
Isn't most of this discussion useless when we don't even know what his citizenship/residency status is? Can he even do residency in the states if he is not a citizen/permanent resident?
 
Caribbean schools are NOT poor by any means. Contrary to popular belief on SDN, the arrogance that floats around here ("I get nervous when a Caribbean grad performs an exam on me" etc.), I think some of the schools are quite great. Your professors are the people who wrote the textbook. You have 1 or 2 people to a cadaver. You live in a tropical climate for 2 years... doesn't sound SO bad.

However, there are downsides. I won't get into those... but I think you should look at all of your options before deciding to go offshore for medical training.

These really aren't the downsides people usually talk about when they're talking about the negatives of Caribbean schools. The problem isn't the graduates after they obtain a US residency position..it's the problem of obtaining that position in the first place.
 
Hello Everyone,

My ambition is straight and simple: Get into med schools...and practice in US especially Texas or Georgia; but I would also like to think for restrictive states like California or New York.

I am applying for Caribbean Schools. I am getting more and more confused about their selection - accreditation, residency and clinical.

I have applied to top 4: SGU, Saba, AUC & Ross but I want to apply to others as well to increase my chances.

I would appreciate if you recommend me some more Caribbean schools. Overall, I need to practice in US especially Texas.


Thank you for your generosity.
If you want to do Caribbean, just go with the big 4. Ross will take just about anyone, and if your stats are not good enough, they will put you through some remedial program.
 
Hello Everyone,

My ambition is straight and simple: Get into med schools...and practice in US especially Texas or Georgia; but I would also like to think for restrictive states like California or New York.

I am applying for Caribbean Schools. I am getting more and more confused about their selection - accreditation, residency and clinical.

I have applied to top 4: SGU, Saba, AUC & Ross but I want to apply to others as well to increase my chances.

I would appreciate if you recommend me some more Caribbean schools. Overall, I need to practice in US especially Texas.


Thank you for your generosity.
On second thought, if your GPA is nearly 3.8, there is no reason you should even think about the Caribbean. Seriously, suck it up and apply in the US.
 
In all honesty... medical school is medical school.

No one REALLY cares where you went all that much.

However, OP I think your GPA is decent enough, and pending your MCAT results, you have a real shot at Canadian/US MD schools.

Caribbean schools are NOT poor by any means. Contrary to popular belief on SDN, the arrogance that floats around here ("I get nervous when a Caribbean grad performs an exam on me" etc.), I think some of the schools are quite great. Your professors are the people who wrote the textbook. You have 1 or 2 people to a cadaver. You live in a tropical climate for 2 years... doesn't sound SO bad.

However, there are downsides. I won't get into those... but I think you should look at all of your options before deciding to go offshore for medical training.

Best of luck. :luck:

check out www.valuemd.com

People who say they are concerned when a carib grad examines them are ignorant. However, beyond the link you gave for valuemd.com, your not wanting to go into the negatives made your post essentially worthless. Of course first two years are essentially going to be the same; you are stuck in a room studying. It's the clinical years that matter; just look at whats happening to NY as they try to push out their caribbean med students rotating through the hospitals.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If any of you noticed, his 'Last Activity Date' on MDApplicants is around 1.5 years ago. This means his GPA could have dropped, or he did not do well enough on his MCAT. Plus, most of his clinical experience is from Mumbai, India, so let's use our noodles and assume he is applying Caribbean because he can go to a decent school and still do rotations in the US.
 
People who say they are concerned when a carib grad examines them are ignorant. However, beyond the link you gave for valuemd.com, your not wanting to go into the negatives made your post essentially worthless. Of course first two years are essentially going to be the same; you are stuck in a room studying. It's the clinical years that matter; just look at whats happening to NY as they try to push out their caribbean med students rotating through the hospitals.

I'd like to disagree with you calling my post worthless... leaving out the negatives in no way makes my post worthless. In NY where they are trying to push out the Caribbean students... ha ha ha ha. I'm sorry I think you're acting a bit arrogant with respect to this. Most NY hospitals receive MONEY... CASH MONEY from the Caribbean schools to have their students rotate through there. Whilst NY schools simply assume that they have the status quo and that the hospitals MUST take their students for FREE!

This arrogance and sense of entitlement is not appreciated by hospital administrations. There are negatives to EVERY medical school.

Some students that I know personally that went to ROSS and SGU... received excellent clinical training. Some of their rotations were in smaller centers, where they reported to attendings directly, instead of the resident, who reported to the chief resident and so on and so forth. So their level of teaching was arguably better than some of those students who just do scut work and are the lowly medical student.
 
I'd like to disagree with you calling my post worthless... leaving out the negatives in no way makes my post worthless. In NY where they are trying to push out the Caribbean students... ha ha ha ha. I'm sorry I think you're acting a bit arrogant with respect to this. Most NY hospitals receive MONEY... CASH MONEY from the Caribbean schools to have their students rotate through there. Whilst NY schools simply assume that they have the status quo and that the hospitals MUST take their students for FREE!

This arrogance and sense of entitlement is not appreciated by hospital administrations. There are negatives to EVERY medical school.

Some students that I know personally that went to ROSS and SGU... received excellent clinical training. Some of their rotations were in smaller centers, where they reported to attendings directly, instead of the resident, who reported to the chief resident and so on and so forth. So their level of teaching was arguably better than some of those students who just do scut work and are the lowly medical student.
The problem with Carribbean schools is not the ability to get rotations, but the number of residency slots that will be available to students in 5-10 years. Unless Carribbean schools can pay hospitals for residencies for their students (I highly highly doubt they can afford to do that), they will soon be useless as a pathway for becoming an MD that can practice in the US.

Judging from your stats, you do not even need to consider the Caribbean.
 
I'd like to disagree with you calling my post worthless... leaving out the negatives in no way makes my post worthless. In NY where they are trying to push out the Caribbean students... ha ha ha ha. I'm sorry I think you're acting a bit arrogant with respect to this. Most NY hospitals receive MONEY... CASH MONEY from the Caribbean schools to have their students rotate through there. Whilst NY schools simply assume that they have the status quo and that the hospitals MUST take their students for FREE!

This arrogance and sense of entitlement is not appreciated by hospital administrations. There are negatives to EVERY medical school.

Some students that I know personally that went to ROSS and SGU... received excellent clinical training. Some of their rotations were in smaller centers, where they reported to attendings directly, instead of the resident, who reported to the chief resident and so on and so forth. So their level of teaching was arguably better than some of those students who just do scut work and are the lowly medical student.

If it's so great, why aren't you going?
 
Again, you're missing the point. No matter how good or bad the training at these schools, the people who go there will probalby never get a chance to practice what they learned. The majority of students either fail out or don't match into a catagorical residency. The reason you shouldn't go to the Caribbean isn't that you probably won't be able to do the job, but rather than there probably won't be a job for you to do.

Right.... with the physician shortage projected for 2020... oh and the Caribbean grads matching to CATEGORICAL residencies every year... what about them?

Instead of treating these people like your equals you treat them as lowly 3rd world medical students. Professionalism, it's a valuable quality. Don't denigrate Caribbean schools. These students pursued their dream to the greatest extent possible. Some of the people who eventually matriculate at US allopathic and US osteopathic schools don't even want to be there.

There is an increased number of physicians in the work force now... from India, China etc. They have established medical practices and been working for 20,30 even 40+ years. Those people clearly found a job. So when someone chooses to go offshore for medical school... they will find a job...pending a USMLE score and relevant clinical exposure to the specialty they are pursuing.
 
If it's so great, why aren't you going?

Hilarious. It's an alternative. If I didn't have the MCAT score... I would be pursuing a medical education anywhere that I could. I never said "it was so great". I listed some pros. There are obvious cons to going abroad for medical education and coming back to the US.

I gave an example of someone who trained at SGU or ROSS and was taught in an excellent manner.

Not every medical school in the US works this way... same as not every medical school in the Caribbean is built the same way.

People need to find a school that fits their style of learning and that will accept them.

I just think it's pre-mature for people to bash the Caribbean completely when they do produce some great students. And personally, not every M4 from the US that I've interacted with has been the Mother Teresa/Einstein of medical students.
 
The problem with Carribbean schools is not the ability to get rotations, but the number of residency slots that will be available to students in 5-10 years. Unless Carribbean schools can pay hospitals for residencies for their students (I highly highly doubt they can afford to do that), they will soon be useless as a pathway for becoming an MD that can practice in the US.

Judging from your stats, you do not even need to consider the Caribbean.

No one ever said I was considering the Caribbean. I was simply trying to further the discussion. Caribbean schools are not as terrible as SDN makes them out to be. For those that have no other option, can't get past a low verbal score or had a few bad years of GPA... it's their only option.

For people that want to pursue ROAD specialties... and then go Caribbean... well yeah that's a problem. However, those people who want to pursue primary care... they will find a residency spot somewhere.
 
For people that want to pursue ROAD specialties... and then go Caribbean... well yeah that's a problem. However, those people who want to pursue primary care... they will find a residency spot somewhere.

Well, the best Caribbean schools out there have less than a 80% match rate into catagorical residencies for graduates (less than 50% for matriculants), so clearly there's a big chunk of the class that isn't finding any residency spots anywhere.
 
Well, the best Caribbean schools out there have less than a 80% match rate into catagorical residencies for graduates (less than 50% for matriculants), so clearly there's a big chunk of the class that isn't finding any residency spots anywhere.
Yep. And unless residencies are expanded somehow, it will get worse.
 
Well, the best Caribbean schools out there have less than a 80% match rate into catagorical residencies for graduates (less than 50% for matriculants), so clearly there's a big chunk of the class that isn't finding any residency spots anywhere.

Yeah, a big chunk is 20%... those people who made it through medical school JUST barely. And receiving a crappy Step 1 score. Those people at a US allopathic school would have made it into some residency. However, they went Caribbean and that places a stigma on them.

However, those other 80% that did match... are your future colleagues. So you might as well get used to that fact. It's kind of scary that we have to compete for residency spots with IMGs... however... some of these people are truly remarkable. My oncologist was an IMG from India. Great guy. Did his fellowship at Sloan-Kettering.

It's been said countless times before... no one cares where you go to medical school (not really anyways). If you can go to the Caribbean and score well on the USMLE and have half decent grades... you will find a residency spot.
 
Yep. And unless residencies are expanded somehow, it will get worse.

It's fierce competition... if a Caribbean grad has a 240+ USMLE and awesome research in the field they are pursuing and you have a 210 as an allopathic US grad, with scanty research involvement... who do you think they're going to take?

You're not just competing with US allopathic schools... but Caribbean ones too. This is why most people like to keep the stigma alive that Caribbean schools are crap. Don't get me wrong, some of those schools that crop up over night are super sketch. But there are good schools in the Caribbean as well.

Same goes for some US allopathic schools. Where you hear of people getting screwed over by administration/bad teachers etc.

Every school comes with it's own quirks and bag of tricks.
 
Hilarious. It's an alternative. If I didn't have the MCAT score... I would be pursuing a medical education anywhere that I could. I never said "it was so great". I listed some pros. There are obvious cons to going abroad for medical education and coming back to the US.

I gave an example of someone who trained at SGU or ROSS and was taught in an excellent manner.

Not every medical school in the US works this way... same as not every medical school in the Caribbean is built the same way.

People need to find a school that fits their style of learning and that will accept them.

I just think it's pre-mature for people to bash the Caribbean completely when they do produce some great students. And personally, not every M4 from the US that I've interacted with has been the Mother Teresa/Einstein of medical students.

While Caribbean schools might produce "some great students," I feel comfortable saying that US schools produce many "great students."

There's a reason Caribbean schools aren't sought after and why they have a seedy reputation. It's not all a conspiracy concocted by arrogant, snobby US med students.
 
However, those other 80% that did match... are your future colleagues. So you might as well get used to that fact. It's kind of scary that we have to compete for residency spots with IMGs... however... some of these people are truly remarkable. My oncologist was an IMG from India. Great guy. Did his fellowship at Sloan-Kettering.

Again, the reason that everyone here is telling the premeds not to go to the Caribbean is that the 80% is likely to be 40% by the time they graduate (40% of the 70% who weren't failed out, keep in mind). The number of residency spots stays the same, the number of US students goes up, and Caribbean grads get pushed out. They can be as smart as they want to be, but the fact remains that if the residency slots aren't there they're not getting a job.

It's fierce competition... if a Caribbean grad has a 240+ USMLE and awesome research in the field they are pursuing and you have a 210 as an allopathic US grad, with scanty research involvement... who do you think they're going to take?

And this is the kind of magical thinking that perpetuates money pit schools like the Caribbean (and third tier law schools, and private liberal arts degrees, and the entire city of Las Vegas). Students are told, honestly, that if they can get in the top 10% of USMLE scores, and do research in medical school, and honor a bunch of rotations then of course they'll match. And the new medical students, blinded by hope, don't seriously consider that if they were going to get a 240 and invent a new artificial heart they probably could have managed getting into a DO school in the first place. Unfortunately the kind of people who can only get into the islands are exactly the kind of students who absolutely can NOT afford to give a 30 point USMLE handicap to every American educated student. That's why everyone is telling these kids to wait, do some application repair, and apply to low ranked DO schools: because a lot of them do have the talent to get through medical school and pass the step, but they do not have the talent to magically transform from a C student with a 24 MCAT to a straight A medical student with a 245 on the USMLE.

And, if by some miracle they're the exceeption to the rule why in the world wouldn't they want to go into a specialty that requires their talents rather than consigning themselves to Family Practice before medical school even begins?
 
Last edited:
It's fierce competition... if a Caribbean grad has a 240+ USMLE and awesome research in the field they are pursuing and you have a 210 as an allopathic US grad, with scanty research involvement... who do you think they're going to take?
I am no expert on this, but I would expect a close call.

You're not just competing with US allopathic schools... but Caribbean ones too. This is why most people like to keep the stigma alive that Caribbean schools are crap. Don't get me wrong, some of those schools that crop up over night are super sketch. But there are good schools in the Caribbean as well.

Same goes for some US allopathic schools. Where you hear of people getting screwed over by administration/bad teachers etc.

Every school comes with it's own quirks and bag of tricks.
I am not even arguing that Caribbean schools are bad. Outside the big 4, they are all crap, but I know of several doctors who went to SGU/Ross and are now very successful, including an academic radiologist. But the trends are quite horrible looking into the future.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's fierce competition... if a Caribbean grad has a 240+ USMLE and awesome research in the field they are pursuing and you have a 210 as an allopathic US grad, with scanty research involvement... who do you think they're going to take?

You're not just competing with US allopathic schools... but Caribbean ones too. This is why most people like to keep the stigma alive that Caribbean schools are crap. Don't get me wrong, some of those schools that crop up over night are super sketch. But there are good schools in the Caribbean as well.

Same goes for some US allopathic schools. Where you hear of people getting screwed over by administration/bad teachers etc.

Every school comes with it's own quirks and bag of tricks.
Dude are you even reading ppls responses? Sgu boasts a 50-60 percent match rate. You really think it's worth a 200k gamble on those odds? Keep in mind sgu has higher stats than some DO schools which should give u an idea of how much bias and obstacles they face compared to us grads.
 
+1
I was thinking the same thing while I was reading his MDApps

Me too. I thought he was stepping outside of boundaries with some of the things listed. The first thing I thought was "uhhhh I wouldn't want some pre-med with no formal training doing these things to me. :scared:"
 
+1
I was thinking the same thing while I was reading his MDApps

Yeah but you guys don't get it...he's probably FROM India or has close contacts in India where this type of intervention is the norm. Remember that in other countries (like India) you usually jump right into med school after high school. He may have had physician contacts in India who viewed these types of procedures as normal for an Indian "pre-medical" student there. It's not exactly the same as some random college student from the US going on a medical service trip to Mexico for two weeks and delivering babies (which I've heard of). In this case, it would make much more sense why he would be put in that position.
 
Bit unrelated, but you should read this, in response to some of the medical volunteering you have on your MDApps page.

https://www.aamc.org/download/181690/data/guidelinesforstudentsprovidingpatientcare.pdf

+1
I was thinking the same thing while I was reading his MDApps

Me too. I thought he was stepping outside of boundaries with some of the things listed. The first thing I thought was "uhhhh I wouldn't want some pre-med with no formal training doing these things to me. :scared:"

Agreed.

OP, wherever you choose to apply, DO NOT mention that you've "Assisted in minor surgical cases like repair suturing," "Assisted in closed reduction of fracture of lower end radius and BBFA," or "Performed a below knee casting for undisplaced fracture of fifth metatarsal under supervision." Regardless of whether or not it's the norm to perform those procedures in India (per calvnandhobbs), there are still a lot of ethical considerations about your experience that you probably don't want to bring up.