What classes can I take besides required courses for med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

biologyjunkie

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have to take biochemistry.
But the professor is too hard.
I want to take it online.
I hear it's better.
What other courses would be impressive to med school but easy A as well?
I've narrowed down to human A&P. Sociology society and sexuality, gender, abnormal psych. Any thoughts ?

Members don't see this ad.

Not all schools accept online pre-reqs. They generally expect you to take them at the university level.

Reactions: 1 user
Taking it online isn't going to help you in the long run.

Members don't see this ad :)
Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Don't take biochem online. In fact, try to avoid any online classes. You're not at DeVry "University".

Take whatever you want. Psych classes tend to be easy As. Human A&P will absolutely not be an easy A, so don't go in thinking that.

Also understand that some adcoms may get wise to you trying to pad your GPA with random throwaway classes.

You should take poetry.

Maybe not easy, but English/Rhetoric/Philsosophy/Public Speaking classes I hear are useful

Top 3:
1. Some sort of acting class or theater
2. Advanced writing courses
3. Ethics

What's impressive to us is your doing well in your coursework, no matter what you take, whether it's Fine Art, Drama, Computing, Biostats or History.

I suggest taking Stats, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or Genetics, Cell Bio, and Anatomy.

I have to take biochemistry.
But the professor is too hard.
I want to take it online.
I hear it's better.
What other courses would be impressive to med school but easy A as well?
I've narrowed down to human A&P. Sociology society and sexuality, gender, abnormal psych. Any thoughts ?

The birth of the flute is an interesting one.

You're gonna have to take your sciences sooner or later.

Go to Rate My Professors if you want to look for your University's easier classes.

You want to have biochemistry down
It is a huge part of the MCAT.

Reactions: 2 users
Have some confidence, don't be afraid of a class

If you don't have anything positive to say then don't bother commenting.

Sex ed 101 is pretty good course too. It was offered at our institution. Sadly it was filled on the first day...

Last edited: