What classes can I take besides required courses for med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

biologyjunkie

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have to take biochemistry.
But the professor is too hard.
I want to take it online.
I hear it's better.
What other courses would be impressive to med school but easy A as well?
I've narrowed down to human A&P. Sociology society and sexuality, gender, abnormal psych. Any thoughts ?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don't take biochem online. In fact, try to avoid any online classes. You're not at DeVry "University".

Take whatever you want. Psych classes tend to be easy As. Human A&P will absolutely not be an easy A, so don't go in thinking that.

Also understand that some adcoms may get wise to you trying to pad your GPA with random throwaway classes.
 
What's impressive to us is your doing well in your coursework, no matter what you take, whether it's Fine Art, Drama, Computing, Biostats or History.


I suggest taking Stats, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or Genetics, Cell Bio, and Anatomy.




I have to take biochemistry.
But the professor is too hard.
I want to take it online.
I hear it's better.
What other courses would be impressive to med school but easy A as well?
I've narrowed down to human A&P. Sociology society and sexuality, gender, abnormal psych. Any thoughts ?
 
You're gonna have to take your sciences sooner or later.

Go to Rate My Professors if you want to look for your University's easier classes.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sex ed 101 is pretty good course too. It was offered at our institution. Sadly it was filled on the first day...
 
Last edited: