PsychologistLizzie
Clinical-School Psychology Doctoral Student
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all! I was hoping I could get some advice.
I'm an incoming clinical-school psych student. I know that externships are not typically available for 1st-year students, so I was wondering what I can do now and which experiences will make me most competitive.
I am primarily interested in providing individual counseling to children/adolescents/young adults in settings such as clinics/hospitals/counseling centers. Even if I can only be labeled as a "volunteer," I would love to know what kind of places would allow me to provide counseling at this stage.
Any advice would be appreciated!
I'm an incoming clinical-school psych student. I know that externships are not typically available for 1st-year students, so I was wondering what I can do now and which experiences will make me most competitive.
I am primarily interested in providing individual counseling to children/adolescents/young adults in settings such as clinics/hospitals/counseling centers. Even if I can only be labeled as a "volunteer," I would love to know what kind of places would allow me to provide counseling at this stage.
Any advice would be appreciated!