You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
What college classes should I take prior to taking the MCAT?
Started by DLH101
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
First semester biochemistry
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Molecular Biology. Most useful course that I took pre-MCAT.
Biochemistry & physiology.
EDIT: Cellular/molecular biology will be extremely helpful, too.
EDIT: Cellular/molecular biology will be extremely helpful, too.
The only absolute I would add would be Biochem.
On the old mcat cell helped me, but physiology was next to useless.
On the old mcat cell helped me, but physiology was next to useless.
Why say biochem? Thats about as useful as saying, "uh, organic I would be pretty useful."
Well yea, of course it would be useful, its a section on the mcat.
By that metric, general bio would also be a class you want to look into for the mcat.
OP did not ask for useful classless, he asked what classes he should take (i.e. what is required).
OP did not ask for useful classless, he asked what classes he should take (i.e. what is required).
Wouldn't a more productive answer be classes that aren't literally required to take the test?
From the OP's first post he did not have Biochem listed as a required course. So many people (especially those that did not take the new exam) believe they can self study biochem rather than taking the actual class. If you read the results of those that did that, it did not tend to work to anyone's advantage this year.
From the OP's first post he did not have Biochem listed as a required course. So many people (especially those that did not take the new exam) believe they can self study biochem rather than taking the actual class. If you read the results of those that did that, it did not tend to work to anyone's advantage this year.
Ok thanks. I wasn't aware so many people were attempting to self learn biochem.
D
deleted393595
I know Stats, Bio 1&2, Chem 1&2, Phys 1&2, OrgChem 1&2, and Psyc&Soc. Are there other classes I should take before the MCAT?
Physiology too
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 1K