What color tie did you wear to your interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What color tie did you wear to your interview?

• Blue

Votes: 32 42.7%
  • Red

Votes: 15 20.0%
  • Brown

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Black

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • Maroon

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • Other

Votes: 11 14.7%

• Total voters
D

deleted993098

just curious

Members don't see this ad.

Uh oh. Here comes another discussion about red ties.

I wear blue or purple.

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
I wear either a red and blue patterned tie or a golden one.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Don’t wear bright red. Please. Dark red is fine. I personally wore blue

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I have dozens of ties, so I have not worn the same tie twice to an interview. Most of the time they are blue or red, or gold... depends on my mood

Reactions: 1 users
Any main stream tie should be fine. The key is not to be remembered for what you wore. I would stick to the basics: blue or charcoal solid suit, a solid shirt (white or light blue); and an understated blue, red or yellow tie. Don't be "that" guy.

I wore the same maroon-ish one to every interview.

Look at all those red ties. 20% of SDNer's pulling that power move. That is how you show dominance, right there.

*This is an exaggeration and tie color is almost meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Getting my joke in before the red tie debate comes.*

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
I stick to dark ties in burgundy, navy, charcoal with solid or subtle patterns. Pair with a navy or charcoal suit + white/light blue shirt and you really can't go wrong. It's possible to look good without standing out.

I wore a gold tie. A few downsides for sure. One, I had to get a blacksmith to actually tie it as I am only able to bend softer metals with my bare hands. This added some considerable time onto my prep. Also the weight of it would have definitely broken most backs but thankfully I had been training for years to handle this. The peasantry on the way to the interview shot me looks that put me on edge of burglary from those ruffians. One perk was, incase of an assault from the ne'er do wells, it would double as a makeshift shield for my torso. I had to do an MMI roleplay as a doctor with an elderly patient, I forgot the length of the tie and it swung forward, knocking her unconscious. Though after some quick arguing on my end I managed to convince the interviewer that it was in fact a way to get the patient to agree to a sedative, even if unconventional. Would recommend.

I wore a yellow one because I looked best in it.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
One, I had to get a blacksmith to actually tie it as I am only able to bend softer metals with my bare hands.

It must not have been pure gold because pure gold is quite malleable. #notsavage #walter4ever

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I wore a gold tie. A few downsides for sure. One, I had to get a blacksmith to actually tie it as I am only able to bend softer metals with my bare hands. This added some considerable time onto my prep. Also the weight of it would have definitely broken most backs but thankfully I had been training for years to handle this. The peasantry on the way to the interview shot me looks that put me on edge of burglary from those ruffians. One perk was, incase of an assault from the ne'er do wells, it would double as a makeshift shield for my torso. I had to do an MMI roleplay as a doctor with an elderly patient, I forgot the length of the tie and it swung forward, knocking her unconscious. Though after some quick arguing on my end I managed to convince the interviewer that it was in fact a way to get the patient to agree to a sedative, even if unconventional. Would recommend.

I wore a yellow one because I looked best in it.
It must not have been pure gold because pure gold is quite malleable. #notsavage #walter4ever
I prefer steel rebar ties. It is very malleable if you apply jet fuel at the right angle. Not for too long though, as it might melt.

Reactions: 1 users
I prefer steel rebar ties. It is very malleable if you apply jet fuel at the right angle. Not for too long though, as it might melt.

Small tangent here, but I couldn't resist storytime. I used to work as a TA in a machine shop and we taught students how to sand cast. We used an induction furnace to melt aluminum and we had to warn the students to be very careful because if molten aluminum drops on your shoe it will burn right through your shoe and your foot like a hot knife through butter.

Moral of the story, don't melt a metal tie while it is on your neck.

My picture for secondaries:

secondaries.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I wanna know which one of you monsters wore a brown tie