Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

What Constitutes As A "Science" Class!?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by XXTriathlete, Dec 27, 2008.

1. XXTriathlete

Removed

Pre-Medical
    Hi!

I need to take extra classes to bring up my science gpa. Would exercise physiology/kinesiology classes be classes that could increase my science gpa? At first, I thought the answer would be 'yes' but after reading a couple of threads, I'm confused because of the bcpm gpa. :confused:

2. Raryn

Raryn Infernal Internist / Enigmatic Endocrinologist
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    No.

Only biology/chemistry/math/physics classes. What constitutes a BCMP class specifically can be found in some PDF or another on the amcas site if you're confused, but those don't sound like they would.

3. RySerr21

RySerr21 i aint kinda hot Im sauna
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]

For AMCAS, courses like exercise physiology will not be counted. I konw b/c I'm a kines major at my school and those types of courses were not counted towards by sGPA. They will, however, count courses such as human anatomy, human physiology, biochemistry of exercise, etc. even if on your transcript they say "KINES 304" or whatever it may be. My anatomy and physiology courses were classified under biology, and my biochemistry of exercise course was classified under chemistry.

That being said, if you are applying to DO schools, kinesiology courses fall under the "other science" category and therefore they all will be included in your science GPA.

4. XXTriathlete

Removed

Pre-Medical
    Thank you for the responses! :thumbup: