What day does your orientation start??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GynGirl2008

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
We start on Jun 11th...when I saw the email I seriously thought it was a typo and meant to be July.

Members don't see this ad.

Is that the orientation start day or is it the real start day? I start June 23rd but the week before is orientation.

Jun 11th- Hospital Orientation
Jun 15th- Gyn Orientation
Jun 16th- Official Start Day (start on the 15th if you are on nights)

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought ALL programs started July 1st:eek:... I have not recieved my program info as of yet, but I am certainly not ready to start mid june! I knew orientations started in June, but to actually start working mid june is terrifying. I need those extra weeks:)... good luck to all of you!

Our orientation is 6/16, start wards on 6/23

Well I am glad to see some other early birds cuz I thought I was the only one... Good thing I changed my wedding date and made it may instead of june!

Orientation starts June 23rd
Officially start June 30th or July 1st - not sure which.

I matched at Emory and we start July 1 and orientation is June 24-27.

Our orientation begins June 16th and we officially begin June 20th. This would all be great if my graduation wasn't June 13th. I don't know why my school does stuff so late.

I don't know yet. I'm hoping later rather than earlier to make moving easier, but I'll be there whenever they tell me to! I do know I have ACLS/BCLS training on 6/2, but that's optional and you can do it at another site if you want to.

Well, if you're coming to my neck of the woods:

Hospital wide orientation: June 16-23
Departmental orientation: June 23-27, 30

Good luck everyone!

Orientation starts june 16, work starts on the 24.

I got it today, orientation looks like it starts June 18th, work June 30th-ish.

ACLS (required) is June 23-24. GME Orientation June 26. Still waiting on program orientation dates.

Welcoming dinner with all the Housestaff 6/20.
Hospital and department orientation 6/23 - 6/27.
You're ON! 6/27 or 6/30, depending if you're on days or nights...

We started mid June. Also, be sure to clarify with your program when you actually are officially starting (meaning employment instead of working) - I found out too late that we officially started July 1 even though we started working 6/22 in hospital - they do this weird thing where the 4th years get paid through July 1 even though they stopped working mid-June. It was a headache because we didn't get benefits coverage until July 1 and we didn't realize we didn't get a paycheck until late July. It was chaotic - my son had some medical issues that needed to be taken care of in that last week of June that I didn't have insurance coverage for. I thought it was just our program being weird, but from the looks of this thread, it's more prevalent.

June 23rd is hospital orientation , Start on July 1st. Whatever am I going to do with myself until then!?