What Day Of The Week Are Interviews Typically Held?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NonTradHopeful

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

What day of the week are dental school interviews typically held? I'm asking because I need to plan out my fall schedule, and I want to schedule my classes so that it minimizes the number of classes I'd miss for interviews.

Are most held on Fridays? or Thursdays? Could you please mention the schools in your response?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

What day of the week are dental school interviews typically held? I'm asking because I need to plan out my fall schedule, and I want to schedule my classes so that it minimizes the number of classes I'd miss for interviews.

Are most held on Fridays? or Thursdays? Could you please mention the schools in your response?

Different schools do different days. Some do only Tuesdays, others do Thursdays and Fridays. Western U even does a Saturday. Just try to plan out your schedule in a way that allows you to miss days off. Majority of my interviews were on Mondays and Wednesdays. But every school is different.

Just look at predents and see when people's interview dates are. A lot of them are correct dates although some people put fake ones but most people do mention that they are incorrect dates though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I forget to mention use the Search function of this forum. Some schools do have patterns that you can find, but I would focus on making an easy schedule for yourself for the Fall semester so you can miss days. Expect to miss at least 4 or 5 different days.

Hey,

Depends on the school. Some just do it twice a week and some do it all five days.

Some schools will email you a date and some will give you a few dates to choose from. The latter is nice since you'll have some say in when you go.

I wouldn't worry so much about scheduling around possible interviews. The whole thing can be random and usually professors are understanding about missing class for interviews. However, the earlier you apply, the more likely it is that you'll get earlier interviews (Sept vs Nov for example)

Good luck

Last edited:
I found it easiest to get Monday interviews when I had a choice in the matter. That way I could travel on the weekend and fly back home that evening after my interview. Then I could still make it back to work for Tuesday. Otherwise, when I had middle of the week interviews (Tuesday--Friday) I had to miss the day before the interview and the interview day itself, at the very least.

I found it easiest to get Monday interviews when I had a choice in the matter. That way I could travel on the weekend and fly back home that evening after my interview. Then I could still make it back to work for Tuesday. Otherwise, when I had middle of the week interviews (Tuesday--Friday) I had to miss the day before the interview and the interview day itself, at the very least.

Good advice :thumbup:

I was lucky to get Friday interviews. I would travel to the place on Thurs afternoon/evening (just miss one day of class). Interview on Friday and had until Sunday to leave.

If you have the option, aim for Mon or Fri.

Look at the official interview thread that is stickied...then search for the schools you are applying to...