This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What do I do ....

• N/A

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • N/A

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

dentalmike

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
N/A

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Many people have gotten in with your GPA, just as long as you do well on your DAT (more important). You got this

Reactions: 1 user
How should I go about completing my remaining courses such as biochem, physics 2 and anatomy,physio etc? I'm unsure if I should do a post-bacc for these courses, but that would require me to take out additional loans and require me to potentially have to leave my job or if I should just take them at a community college near me so I can continue working?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I would say its better to take them at a four year university in one semester.
Would you say doing them at a 4 year university vs a post-bacc would be better? I am concerned that I might get a bad professor at the 4-year and get low grades that would have just made it better to do a post-bacc since majority have more leniant grading.

try doing an unofficial post-bac, maybe at your closest university? I think max credits they allow are 10.

Had same gpa, got a 21 on the DAT. I have three interviews. Just do well on the DAT and have a great PS and you should be good

Hello everyone, I have always been on these forums reading various threads, but now have found myself unsure of what to do. I recently graduated with my bachelors with a 3.4 overall gpa and 3.2 science gpa. I graduated as a business major taking majority of my science pre-requisites. The main ones I have left that are required by dental schools are biochemistry and physics 2. I have shadowing hours with a dentist from undergrad for about a hundred hours and have good extracurriculars being a founder for a fraternity and club and published in undergraduate research journal. I'm currently working as a receptionist at a dental office and studying for my DAT. I'm not sure if I should apply for a post-bacc for Fall 2019 or a masters? Or if I would be fine with just taking a class at the community college, one semester physics and then one biochem? My main concern with a masters and post-bacc is the debt I would be taking on as I am currently paying off debt from undergraduate and would like to avoid taking on more loans if I can just do a class at a time. I'm planning to hopefully apply this upcoming cycle, but very lost on what I should do in my situation. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

If you want to keep working, then you should try enrolling in a nearby university as a non degree seeking student. Either that or pick a somewhat relevant degree path and declare that as a major knowing you’ll probably never finish the degree.

Some schools will even let you transfer some credits back from dental school in order to finish up a BS, but you might not qualify for that unless you take the rest of your prerequisites at the same institution where you got your business degree.

I don’t think post baccs tend to be a part time thing, but if someone knows better feel free to correct me.

Someone suggested informal post-bacc...another way to go about this is if you are near a cheap in state achool is to enroll into a second degree, in which case you would also be able to get a committee letter, although some schools may want you to be enrolled for X amount of time before being eligible for a committee letter.