What do I need to know about coronavirus?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Veers is a monster. In the same way as the Muppets. On the other hand, I've only seen true monsters abuse hashtags like that.

No no no, the true monsters are the ones who eat their steak well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
#howliterallydareyou
#mywifekareniscallingyourgovernortotellthemyouaregoingoutforruns
#ifitsavesjustonemilduri
#OMGomgOMGI'mSoOFFENDEDdoYOUevenKNOW!I'mLITERALLYshakiiiiiinngggg!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Today, I went to the beach. It was f***king glorious.

#Savage
#DidntEvenWearMask
#SecondWave

Yea it’s all anecdotes. Thousands and thousands of anecdotes. Tens of thousands. This guy does not have 99.5% of living. It’s much lower. Odds are he will, but he will not be a productive human being for the next 2-3 months.

Going to drive to UT tomorrow to have dinner at Olive Garden like a person. Imagine, Vegas people escaping to UT for drinks and a good time. Madness!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm actually a Skesis

Is that why you have such an offbase viewpoint? I just googled Skesis. They look like they’ve had coronavirus about ten times over and have coronavirus encephalitis and coronavirus malignant adenocarcinoma of the skin, and I bet smell pretty bad too.

What are those things?

Going to drive to UT tomorrow to have dinner at Olive Garden like a person. Imagine, Vegas people escaping to UT for drinks and a good time. Madness!
Amen. Just made reservations for some outdoor dining at my favorite steakhouse and seafood joint for this weekend. Haven't eaten out at a restaurant in 2 months. I can't wait. Best food ever. The steaks are unreal, local seafood too. To DIE FOR caramel cake. Also, their blackberry cobbler is unreal. I'm shaky and in withdrawal. To be fixed soon.

Is that why you have such an offbase viewpoint? I just googled Skesis. They look like they’ve had coronavirus about ten times over and have coronavirus encephalitis and coronavirus malignant adenocarcinoma of the skin, and I bet smell pretty bad too.

What are those things?
They're real too.

They're real too.

They're the predecessors of "hospitalists".

I kid.
You know what? I really have limited to no reason to complain.

Here was our OLD hospitalist roster, all names changed to protect the caricatures.

"Milton Milhouse Mouthbreather" - 58M. Pretty sure he's still a virgin. "But he has TWO kids!", they say. Yeah, they're not his kids.

"Rhadshisha Sumayyahmarrahahknahanananhawhatever." - 33F. Good luck finding her name in the EMR, motherfcuker. Doesn't really matter, because she demands that anyone who is sick be transferred. Anyone who knows my posts on here knows that I have complained about this one for years. "Does the patient have bones? Well, talk to orthopedics before I accept the admission."

"Tracy Lodge-MacPherson" - 34F. Hyphenated last name, yet single. Spends most of her shifts shopping for cosmetics. Crotch-grabbing orthopedists want to bang her. "What's a in-farct?" MIGHT be an illegitmate daughter of Billy Joel.

"Shiloh Grombley" - 41F. "Hey, can you call me back in like :15 minutes?! I have to feed my eighth child and all the farm animals need to be put-in for the night before the wolves come. I'm tired of punching wolves in the face to stop them from killing the chickens."

I could go on. But I'm seriously getting tired.

MODS: Don't edit this. Its not telling. Its humor. And at the core of all good jokes, is a kernel of truth.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
They're the predecessors of "hospitalists".

I kid.
You know what? I really have limited to no reason to complain.

Here was our OLD hospitalist roster, all names changed to protect the caricatures.

"Milton Milhouse Mouthbreather" - 58M. Pretty sure he's still a virgin. "But he has TWO kids!", they say. Yeah, they're not his kids.

"Rhadshisha Sumayyahmarrahahknahanananhawhatever." - 33F. Good luck finding her name in the EMR, motherfcuker. Doesn't really matter, because she demands that anyone who is sick be transferred. Anyone who knows my posts on here knows that I have complained about this one for years. "Does the patient have bones? Well, talk to orthopedics before I accept the admission."

"Tracy Lodge-MacPherson" - 34F. Spends most of her shifts shopping for cosmetics. Crotch-grabbing orthopedists want to bang her. "What's a in-farct?"

"Shiloh Grombley" - 41F. "Hey, can you call me back in like :15 minutes?! I have to feed my eighth child and all the farm animals need to be put-in for the night before the wolves come."

I could go on. But I'm seriously getting tired.
What about Angry Hospitalist Vlad the Impaler who used to be a transplant surgeon in Transylvania, who admits nothing, sends patients home to die with no remorse and the rare patient he does admit, makes them DNR without even talking to the patient?

• Haha
What about Angry Hospitalist Vlad the Impaler who used to be a transplant surgeon in Transylvania, who admits nothing, sends patients home to die with no remorse and the rare patient he does admit, makes them DNR without even talking to the patient?

Hey! I know that guy!

Members don't see this ad :)

I'm not sure if I told this one on here already, but if I did... apologies - it bears repeating.

"Sara Scott". [PSEUDONYM]

First off; NEVER trust a white person with TWO first-names, but the second "first name" is a last name. Its just bad practice.

Sara Scott.
I'll never forget her.
She was 58-ish.

Misanthropic old white gal. Fit. She really was very good at the medicine, but maaan, she had a very LOW threshold for asking for a hospice consult.
It was like she wanted to kill people, but passively, thru hospice.

*Flashback sequence*

FOX: "Yeah, Hey SCOTT, 66 year old man. Pancreatitis. Drinks a lot. LLE is a mess from old botched surgery, so when you see the edema, don't freak out. He's not all that ambulatory, but - he still manage---"

SCOTT: "Well, what he needs is a hospice consult. If he can't walk, then he can'---"

*OKAY, that joke wasn't great, but you get the idea.*

SCOTT asked for hospice consults on people that could live 8-10 years or so if we could get them over their acute medical issue.

So....

One day, I went back to work at this job site, and heard that DR.SCOTT didn't work there anymore.

"What happened?"

"Oh, dude! You didn't hear?!"

"Dude. SCOTT came in here about three months ago after a bad bike accident. She got hit by a car while she was on her bike.
(Full disclosure: SCOTT and her HUSBAND were both very fit senior citizens, and did their local-bicycle-club thing several times a week... I want to be like them when I'm a senior citizen... anyways... ) She was BAAD, dude. Pneumothorax, chest tube, hip fracture. We transferred her to PalmTreeREGIONAL!"

I couldn't help myself.

"Well... Sounds like she needs a hospice consult."

The laughter that ensued from the whole staff could have filled a church.

Last edited:
Exception that proves what rule? CDC has data themselves on HCPs that show 99.9% of several thousand Covid positive under ages 55 survived.

It's an exception that gets clickbait articles on CNN.

I had four under 40 ODs myself alone in my past four shifts that we could not resuscitate. Should I write Congress and CNN
Yes, that exact rule - young healthy people live through this.

You’re driving to another state to eat at a Olive Garden?!

Are you for real man?

At least go somewhere decent!

Reactions: 4 users

Are you for real man?

Dude there's unlimited salad and breadsticks!

Are you for real man?

When I lived in NYC I could not believe the tourists packing times square Olive Garden. I would wonder, wow you came all the way to NYC to eat at a chain restaurant. I have never eaten there, maybe it is magical.

When I lived in NYC I could not believe the tourists packing times square Olive Garden. I would wonder, wow you came all the way to NYC to eat at a chain restaurant. I have never eaten there, maybe it is magical.

I've eaten at that one. At the time it was the only place we could get a seat as everywhere else was packed.

BTW Times Square is a dump and I will never go back there. It's very easy to see why NYC is such a hotbed of Corona. Just a generally unclean city.

I love the "Billionaire's Building" where they pile trash out front on the curb as Bentleys and Range Rovers pull up. Bizarro land.

I've eaten at that one. At the time it was the only place we could get a seat as everywhere else was packed.

BTW Times Square is a dump and I will never go back there. It's very easy to see why NYC is such a hotbed of Corona. Just a generally unclean city.

I love the "Billionaire's Building" where they pile trash out front on the curb as Bentleys and Range Rovers pull up. Bizarro land.

Yep.
Whole place smells terrific, too. Like; vomit, urine, and homeless folks.

I absolutely agree with this.

You should have seen the subways after the virus hit last month. Everyone stopped using them so all the homeless went underground and started camping out in the cars all night. There were literally piles of trash along with feces, urine, and vomit covering the seats. That's why they were forced to shut them down and clean them every night after so many people started complaining.

You should have seen the subways after the virus hit last month. Everyone stopped using them so all the homeless went underground and started camping out in the cars all night. There were literally piles of trash along with feces, urine, and vomit covering the seats. That's why they were forced to shut them down and clean them every night after so many people started complaining.
I can only imagine. When I lived in NYC, years ago, we used to call it the 1/2 empty or empty car sign. Meaning: When you were waiting on the subway during a busy time and all the cars should be quite full the one that would pull up to your spot would be 1/2 empty or fully empty. You would think to yourself wow what good luck maybe I will get a seat!--only to be slapped in the face with the incredible odor of a homeless person sleeping in the car. The person had to be incredibly pungent to clear half a car let alone a full car.

There is something happening to kids with coronavirus. 15 are hospitalized in NYC, as others around the world are:

15 Children Are Hospitalized With Mysterious Illness Possibly Tied to Covid-19

The health authorities in New York City issued an alert saying that the children had a syndrome that doctors do not yet fully understand.

04nyvirus-children2-superJumbo.jpg

The boardwalk in the Rockaways in Queens. Children are less likely to become seriously ill with Covid-19 than adults. But some do.Credit...Kirsten Luce for The New York Times
Joseph Goldstein
By Joseph Goldstein

Fifteen children, many of whom had the coronavirus, have recently been hospitalized in New York City with a mysterious syndrome that doctors do not yet fully understand but that has also been reported in several European countries, health officials announced on Monday night.
Many of the children, ages 2 to 15, have shown symptoms associated with toxic shock or Kawasaki disease, a rare illness in children that involves inflammation of the blood vessels, including coronary arteries, the city’s health department said.
None of the New York City patients with the syndrome have died, according to a bulletin from the health department, which describes the illness as a “multisystem inflammatory syndrome potentially associated with Covid-19.”
Reached late Monday night, the state health commissioner, Dr. Howard A. Zucker, said state officials were also investigating the unexplained syndrome.

The syndrome has received growing attention in recent weeks as cases began appearing in European countries hit hard by the coronavirus.
“There are some recent rare descriptions of children in some European countries that have had this inflammatory syndrome, which is similar to the Kawasaki syndrome, but it seems to be very rare,” Dr. Maria Van Kerkhove, a World Health Organization scientist, said at a news briefing last week.

It was not immediately known whether children in other parts of the United States have come down with this illness. New York City has been the center of the pandemic.

Covid-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, tends to be much more dangerous for older people and those with underlying health conditions. Children are less likely to become seriously ill than adults. But some do. In New York City, six children have died of Covid-19, according to data from the health department.
Reports of children sick with the unexplained syndrome in New York City have been circulating for several days, but Monday’s bulletin was the first time the city’s health authorities warned doctors to be on the lookout for patients who might have it.

The bulletin said that most of the 15 children had a fever and many had a rash, vomiting or diarrhea. Since being hospitalized, five of them have needed a mechanical ventilator to help them breathe, and most of the 15 “required blood pressure support.”
“The full spectrum of disease is not yet known,” the bulletin said. Of the 15 patients, most either tested positive for the coronavirus or were found, through antibody testing, to likely have been previously infected.
The city’s health commissioner, Dr. Oxiris Barbot, said in a statement: “Even though the relationship of this syndrome to Covid-19 is not yet defined, and not all of these cases have tested positive for Covid-19 by either DNA test or serology, the clinical nature of this virus is such that we are asking all providers to contact us immediately if they see patients who meet the criteria we’ve outlined.”
“And to parents,” she added, “if your child has symptoms like fever, rash, abdominal pain or vomiting, call your doctor right away.”
Sign up to receive an email when we publish a new story about the coronavirus outbreak.

Conjunctivitis, or inflammation of the eye, and swollen lymph nodes are also symptoms of Kawasaki disease.
The health department identified the 15 patients by contacting hospital pediatric intensive care units across the city in recent days. “Only severe cases may have been recognized at this time,” the bulletin said.
The 15 patients were all hospitalized on or after April 17.
WNBC-TV previously reported that Mount Sinai Kravis Children’s Hospital had treated some patients believed to have this syndrome — and that some had developed heart problems and low blood pressure.

Dr. Zucker, the state health commissioner, was asked last week about reports of toxic shock in younger patients. He responded that officials were aware that the virus attacks different organs, including the lining of blood vessels, something some doctors believe may be contributing to blood clots in some coronavirus patients.
“What we have been seeing is that there are some children who may have an inflammation of those blood vessels, and are developing a toxic-shock-like syndrome,” he said, adding that he had spoken to number of hospital directors about a small number of cases.
On Monday night, Dr. Zucker reiterated that state health officials were aware of multiple cases of this syndrome in New York City hospitals, and that he had spoken with medical providers statewide about it.
Dr. Zucker said the state health department was also looking at Kawasaki-like cases in children and adolescents in Europe, which were the subject of an international webinar last weekend.
“So far, from what we understand, this is a rare complication in the pediatric population that they believe is related to Covid-19,” Dr. Zucker said, adding, “We are following it very closely.”
Pediatricians in several European countries, including Italy, Britain, France and Spain, have reported dozens of cases of children presenting these kind of symptoms.
No deaths have been recorded, and although many of the children tested positive for the coronavirus, others didn’t.

In Italy’s northern town of Bergamo, a hot spot for the outbreak, one hospital had 20 cases in April alone. In four Parisian hospitals, 20 children were hospitalized with inflammatory heart conditions, and in Britain, over a dozen children with such symptoms have required intensive care.
Spain has recorded a few dozen cases throughout the country, and Switzerland and Belgium have reported a handful.
Pediatricians have urged families whose children have high fever, rashes or stomach pains to call doctors immediately. Some have said they were concerned that parents might not take their children to the hospitals because of the pandemic.
As those countries are weighing how to reopen schools, health experts said the small number of these unusual cases shouldn’t prevent the authorities from doing so.
Jesse McKinley and Elian Peltier contributed reporting.

Joseph Goldstein covers health care in New York. He has been a reporter at The Times since 2011. @JoeKGoldstein

There is something happening to kids with coronavirus. 15 are hospitalized in NYC, as others around the world are:

The health authorities in New York City issued an alert saying that the children had a syndrome that doctors do not yet fully understand.

04nyvirus-children2-superJumbo.jpg

The boardwalk in the Rockaways in Queens. Children are less likely to become seriously ill with Covid-19 than adults. But some do.Credit...Kirsten Luce for The New York Times
Joseph Goldstein
By Joseph Goldstein

Fifteen children, many of whom had the coronavirus, have recently been hospitalized in New York City with a mysterious syndrome that doctors do not yet fully understand but that has also been reported in several European countries, health officials announced on Monday night.
Many of the children, ages 2 to 15, have shown symptoms associated with toxic shock or Kawasaki disease, a rare illness in children that involves inflammation of the blood vessels, including coronary arteries, the city’s health department said.
None of the New York City patients with the syndrome have died, according to a bulletin from the health department, which describes the illness as a “multisystem inflammatory syndrome potentially associated with Covid-19.”
Reached late Monday night, the state health commissioner, Dr. Howard A. Zucker, said state officials were also investigating the unexplained syndrome.

The syndrome has received growing attention in recent weeks as cases began appearing in European countries hit hard by the coronavirus.
“There are some recent rare descriptions of children in some European countries that have had this inflammatory syndrome, which is similar to the Kawasaki syndrome, but it seems to be very rare,” Dr. Maria Van Kerkhove, a World Health Organization scientist, said at a news briefing last week.

It was not immediately known whether children in other parts of the United States have come down with this illness. New York City has been the center of the pandemic.

Covid-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, tends to be much more dangerous for older people and those with underlying health conditions. Children are less likely to become seriously ill than adults. But some do. In New York City, six children have died of Covid-19, according to data from the health department.
Reports of children sick with the unexplained syndrome in New York City have been circulating for several days, but Monday’s bulletin was the first time the city’s health authorities warned doctors to be on the lookout for patients who might have it.

The bulletin said that most of the 15 children had a fever and many had a rash, vomiting or diarrhea. Since being hospitalized, five of them have needed a mechanical ventilator to help them breathe, and most of the 15 “required blood pressure support.”
“The full spectrum of disease is not yet known,” the bulletin said. Of the 15 patients, most either tested positive for the coronavirus or were found, through antibody testing, to likely have been previously infected.
The city’s health commissioner, Dr. Oxiris Barbot, said in a statement: “Even though the relationship of this syndrome to Covid-19 is not yet defined, and not all of these cases have tested positive for Covid-19 by either DNA test or serology, the clinical nature of this virus is such that we are asking all providers to contact us immediately if they see patients who meet the criteria we’ve outlined.”
“And to parents,” she added, “if your child has symptoms like fever, rash, abdominal pain or vomiting, call your doctor right away.”
Sign up to receive an email when we publish a new story about the coronavirus outbreak.

Conjunctivitis, or inflammation of the eye, and swollen lymph nodes are also symptoms of Kawasaki disease.
The health department identified the 15 patients by contacting hospital pediatric intensive care units across the city in recent days. “Only severe cases may have been recognized at this time,” the bulletin said.
The 15 patients were all hospitalized on or after April 17.
WNBC-TV previously reported that Mount Sinai Kravis Children’s Hospital had treated some patients believed to have this syndrome — and that some had developed heart problems and low blood pressure.

Dr. Zucker, the state health commissioner, was asked last week about reports of toxic shock in younger patients. He responded that officials were aware that the virus attacks different organs, including the lining of blood vessels, something some doctors believe may be contributing to blood clots in some coronavirus patients.
“What we have been seeing is that there are some children who may have an inflammation of those blood vessels, and are developing a toxic-shock-like syndrome,” he said, adding that he had spoken to number of hospital directors about a small number of cases.
On Monday night, Dr. Zucker reiterated that state health officials were aware of multiple cases of this syndrome in New York City hospitals, and that he had spoken with medical providers statewide about it.
Dr. Zucker said the state health department was also looking at Kawasaki-like cases in children and adolescents in Europe, which were the subject of an international webinar last weekend.
“So far, from what we understand, this is a rare complication in the pediatric population that they believe is related to Covid-19,” Dr. Zucker said, adding, “We are following it very closely.”
Pediatricians in several European countries, including Italy, Britain, France and Spain, have reported dozens of cases of children presenting these kind of symptoms.
No deaths have been recorded, and although many of the children tested positive for the coronavirus, others didn’t.

In Italy’s northern town of Bergamo, a hot spot for the outbreak, one hospital had 20 cases in April alone. In four Parisian hospitals, 20 children were hospitalized with inflammatory heart conditions, and in Britain, over a dozen children with such symptoms have required intensive care.
Spain has recorded a few dozen cases throughout the country, and Switzerland and Belgium have reported a handful.
Pediatricians have urged families whose children have high fever, rashes or stomach pains to call doctors immediately. Some have said they were concerned that parents might not take their children to the hospitals because of the pandemic.
As those countries are weighing how to reopen schools, health experts said the small number of these unusual cases shouldn’t prevent the authorities from doing so.
Jesse McKinley and Elian Peltier contributed reporting.

Joseph Goldstein covers health care in New York. He has been a reporter at The Times since 2011. @JoeKGoldstein

Get ready for an absolute deluge of worried well peds in NYC.

• Wow
Governor Cuomo is saying he plans to keep NYC locked down as long as possible.

We could build a wall around it. We may have to send Snake Plisken in from time to time.
Whatever you do, don't get rid of the street food cart at 1st and 17th street. Tariq can sling some fierce lamb and you'll never get sick from this street meat (if he's still there).

Whatever you do, don't get rid of the street food cart at 1st and 17th street. Tariq can sling some fierce lamb and you'll never get sick from this street meat (if he's still there).

I've always been preferential to Tony "The Dragon" Dragonas at madison and 62nd. Much more greek than what the rest of manhattan has (and higher quality than most of the greek carts in astoria), but its just so damn good.

Whats funny is I know the 1st and 17th street area well and probably ate at that cart youre talking about but cant recall anything about any of the carts there being special. So maybe he isnt there any more? Im such a fanatic for street meat I'd assume I'd remember a good one that close to my apartment the last two years I was there.

OMG. I just paid off my $302,000 med school debt a year ago. This would be sucky timing.

I mean there is an entire city of NYC medical students who declined NYU because its 'slumming it' when there is columbia, cornell, mt sinai, and einstein all in the same city (and arguably SUNY downstate if they think brooklyn is cool).... only to find out that they now have free tuition.

I doubt it would ever get passed.

Just like that stupid medicare for all bill that kept getting proposed every year by that no name senator from vermont that everyone got really excited about for about 3-4 days on facebook each january when congress came back into session and then no one cared about any longer. I doubt it will ever get passed*, no one will actually take that seriously!

*Actually I pray it wont. But I more meant that lots of things that initially seem like insane long shots get proposed each year. Year after year it get proposed and shot down. and then suddenly, without clear explanation, it can suddenly become a very real policy proposal. This isn't any crazier than other stuff that is now being seriously discussed.

Aww dammit. More bad news. We just can’t catch a break.

There’s a black hole very close to us. Just recently discovered. With our luck it will envelope us.

Veers, time to go on lockdown again. You gotta hide from this. It can get ya just like the ‘rona can.

Reactions: 2 users
Aww dammit. More bad news. We just can’t catch a break.

There’s a black hole very close to us. Just recently discovered. With our luck it will envelope us.

Veers, time to go on lockdown again. You gotta hide from this. It can get ya just like the ‘rona can.

I'm already buying my beekeeper suit to wear in public for the next year to avoid the Murder Hornets. Now a $*#$#*& Black Hole??

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Hi XXXXXXX,

LinkedIn is partnering with NYC Health & Hospitals, one of the heathcare systems hardest hit by Covid-19. It's the most under-resourced hospital system in NYC, where 84% of their patients are either on Medicaid or uninsured.

We're in dire need of hospitalists and critical-care professionals that can opt in to an unpaid volunteer role to save lives in the one place in the country that needs them the most.

You can find the sign-up sheet here: DOCS4NYCNOW! Volunteers Needed for COVID-19 Response | NYC Health + Hospitals

Please let me know if you're open to a 5-min call to learn more. NYC Health + Hospitals would provide lodging and flight expenses.

Best,

Andrew Mirto
Recruiter - Connecting volunteer Doctors & Nurses to those impacted by COVID​

• Wow
Volunteers who came NYC and received any compensation (room, meal stipend, compensation from their original employer, etc.) are having to pay state income taxes if they stayed more than 14 days.

All the more reason to let it burn on the next crisis which seems to happen every decade or so.

• Sad
  • Wow
Volunteers who came NYC and received any compensation (room, meal stipend, compensation from their original employer, etc.) are having to pay state income taxes if they stayed more than 14 days.

All the more reason to let it burn on the next crisis which seems to happen every decade or so.

The best part is that they will also have to pay income taxes to NY on any income they receive from outside of NY during that time. Amazing. "Thanks for helping. Hand over your money."

• Wow
Hi XXXXXXX,

LinkedIn is partnering with NYC Health & Hospitals, one of the heathcare systems hardest hit by Covid-19. It's the most under-resourced hospital system in NYC, where 84% of their patients are either on Medicaid or uninsured.

We're in dire need of hospitalists and critical-care professionals that can opt in to an unpaid volunteer role to save lives in the one place in the country that needs them the most.

You can find the sign-up sheet here: DOCS4NYCNOW! Volunteers Needed for COVID-19 Response | NYC Health + Hospitals

Please let me know if you're open to a 5-min call to learn more. NYC Health + Hospitals would provide lodging and flight expenses.

Best,

Andrew Mirto
Recruiter - Connecting volunteer Doctors & Nurses to those impacted by COVID​

Like I said earlier they already have over a hundred docs contracted for paid locums positions who never received shifts.

Like I said earlier they already have over a hundred docs contracted for paid locums positions who never received shifts.

Why did that happen? Just Hanlon's razor disorganization? De-escalating need? Or more nefarious, waiting for unpaid volunteers?

Why did that happen? Just Hanlon's razor disorganization? De-escalating need? Or more nefarious, waiting for unpaid volunteers?

Not sure there's a simple answer but rather it's a combination of all three factors.

I talked to a friend of mine who works at NewYork-Presby (Cornell) branch and they still have 140 pts on a ventilator right now. At the peak it was 240-260 several weeks ago. And they are not even the epicenter in NYC.

I talked to a friend of mine who works at NewYork-Presby (Cornell) branch and they still have 140 pts on a ventilator right now. At the peak it was 240-260 several weeks ago. And they are not even the epicenter in NYC.

But a 50% reduction in ventilated patients should be a cause for celebration. Why doesn't the media report on that? They only report on numbers designed to instill the maximum terror in the population.

But a 50% reduction in ventilated patients should be a cause for celebration. Why doesn't the media report on that? They only report on numbers designed to instill the maximum terror in the population.

We already know we are past the peak. We are celebrating. This is to say that we still have lots of critically ill COVID patients. Can’t we just say that at, at face value?

Status
Not open for further replies.