What do we think?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JSainte

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

I graduate with my B.A. in Public Communication from DePaul University in 3 weeks. GPA should be around 3.0-3.1 (awful, I know).

Trying to get myself into a post-bacc program (undergrad to raise my GPA). I have no doubt that I can do well in the program, I just have to get in first!

My GPA trend has been upward. I brought it from a 2.6 to a 3.0.

I'm a licensed EMT-B, but have yet to work as one. Hopefully soon.

Have some volunteering hours, but not a ton. No shadowing yet. Plan on doing both of those heavier starting this summer.

I'd like to get into research somehow but given I'm not a science major, it's proving quite difficult.

Let's say I walk away with a 3.0, do well (3.6 or higher in post-bacc) and do all my extras. What do we think?

What would I have to pull on the MCAT to make me competitive? Or, is there anything else I should be looking at/looking into?

I've been focusing more on post-bacc schools than med schools, but I live in Chicago and would love to stay here for school if possible. Loyola, Rush, UIC maybe?

I know it's a lot of hypotheticals, but if I can get an idea now then I can prepare myself better.

Thanks in advance!

JSainte

Members don't see this ad.