what do yah think

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hockeydentist

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
chances of getting an interview

GPA is 3.2

Science GPA is 3.1

still have a year to get it up

taking the DAT in summer 03

Major Biology
minor Health

worked between 30-40 hours a week while going to school as in a retail buisness. I have not stopped working since I became 16.

volunteer experience
one summer of medical clinic experience
3months in surgical outpatient clinic
one summer of shadowing dentist at UT houston dental school

workining in a human physiology lab for 4 months working 30 hours a week. Possilblity of being published on an experiment that I am working on.

Also played minor pro hockey with the Houston Blast while going to school last year.

for the past 2 years I have been LSAMP scholar at UH
as well as a physics TA assistant .

Also finally I don't know if I should include this but Iam also hearing impaired. I wear a bone conductor hearing aid. Not sure if I should include but it does have an affect on my school work.

Just want to see what you guys would say?

thanks a lot
Hockeydentist

Members don't see this ad.

I think you have an excellent chance in all 3 texas schools!!! try to pull ur gpa up to around a 3.3 and do above a 19 on the DAT as those are the average of matriculants in tx. if u continue to shadow at UTH, try meeting some faculty members. they might be on the ad comm!! u then will be able to get some inside info from them or even a rec letter. good luck to u!

~Qoo

Question:

Are you banking on your hockey pals to bring you all your business?

If you are determined as you post indicated and do not let up I think you will get in. Press on!

Good Luck

Matt

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by DATMATT
Question:

Are you banking on your hockey pals to bring you all your business?

If you are determined as you post indicated and do not let up I think you will get in. Press on!

Good Luck

Matt

Funny! :laugh:

speakin of hockey pals. I know when I become a dentist , I going to theme my office in a hockey theme. Have pics of hockey players smiling with no teeth. Scare the little kids into brushing your teeth. If you don't brush this is what your teeth are going to look like:clap:

Side note,

When the Wings won the cup a couple years ago there was a painting based on a picture of Stevie Y. (Yzerman?) He was smiling with a huge grin with a full set of teeth. Later I saw the actual photgraph and he was missing his front teeth. The artist embellished it just a bit.