What do you drink?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

You drink...

• Regular soda

Votes: 118 43.9%
  • Diet soda

Votes: 151 56.1%

• Total voters
its not that you stop to notice diet soda tastes nasty, its that it actually tastes good to you after a while; and regular soda tastes really bad, really sugary and makes you feel sick.

i used to make fun of my mom for drinking her diet coke. now i drink diet soda all the time, and would feel like throwing up from regular! i love diet soda, especially diet faygo grape :) :)

Members don't see this ad.

regular coke. though C2 is pretty good too. i cant have the pure diet coke stuff..gross. i heard they are coming out with a splenda version of diet coke...that should be good. i like splenda!

Members don't see this ad :)
RunMimi said:
My nutritionist is fine with diet sodas and I trust her expertise. She advocates limiting diets to 2 per day, becasue otherwise it starts messing with your natural ability to tell when you are hungry. Seems reasonable.

What do u need a nutrionist for? Seems like a waste of money. :confused:

gbiz said:
its not that you stop to notice diet soda tastes nasty, its that it actually tastes good to you after a while; and regular soda tastes really bad, really sugary and makes you feel sick.

i used to make fun of my mom for drinking her diet coke. now i drink diet soda all the time, and would feel like throwing up from regular! i love diet soda, especially diet faygo grape :) :)

I totally agree with that. I use to hate the taste of diet coke, but after taking nutrional science I was almost certain taht i was on my way to diabetes with the amount of soda i drink. So i decided to switch. A really good way to get use to a new food is to eat or drink it after going to the gym. A good workout will make anything taste good. Thats how i got use to the taste of diet sodas. Now when i drink regular soda it tastes really wierd. :thumbup:

Bump. Got bugged by some aspartame nut about diet soda today. Since when did the ability to create a chain letter or website make someone an expert in human biochemistry, medicine, and clinical research?

I don't drink either, mainly just water(alcohol thrown in now and again). For everyone drinking diet beverages because of the weight issue have you read the studies on diet drinks linked with obesity? Studies have shown that diet soda drinkers have a higher incidence of obesity than regular pop drinkers. here is just one of the studies.

I don't drink either, mainly just water(alcohol thrown in now and again). For everyone drinking diet beverages because of the weight issue have you read the studies on diet drinks linked with obesity? Studies have shown that diet soda drinkers have a higher incidence of obesity than regular pop drinkers. here is just one of the studies.

The study admits it isn't causative. In my opinion people with weight problems were more likely to switch to diet soda and people with weight problems were more likely to consume more regular soda prior to the switch, which supplanted the regular soda with diet soda.

A regular soda drinker who is not obese probably won't make the switch to diet since he/she is happy with their weight.

The article you cited proposes this too.

i used to drink regular soda all the time, then i suddenly stopped a couple of years ago, and have basically been drinking water. I can't drink diet soda, that is just gross. If I go out and get something, or if I have a choice of sodas, I'll still get regular. For some reason though, if I get it at a restaurant, it tastes fine, but if I drink it at home.....I don't like it anymore. Probably b/c the restaurant version is watered down.

Water on normal basis. Orange Juice in mornings. Goose over rocks hold the twist to relax. Certain reds with dinner, noir mainly but sometimes I branch depending on what I am eating for dinner.

Actually drinking diet is bad for your endocrine system due to the secretion of insulin without any rise in blood sugar level.

I eat fast food pretty much every meal of the day with a large regular mountain dew haha. Beer on the weekends. Which could explain my developing gut.

NEITHER--WATER is best for your body.

Actually drinking diet is bad for your endocrine system due to the secretion of insulin without any rise in blood sugar level.

That's not how insulin secretion is stimulated. It is secreted by beta cells in the pancreas principally in response to elevated blood glucose levels.

I'm sure that the majority of out fluid consumption is water, I think the purpose of the poll is to discern our soda consumption not overall fluid consumption.

I'm gonna be original and say semen.