Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I forgot to mention I carry a gun that cost $1,600 in a $130 holster, on a $100 belt.
Lol
I assume a Kimber? What kind of holster?
Gotta love Texas
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I forgot to mention I carry a gun that cost $1,600 in a $130 holster, on a $100 belt.
Lol
Nah, Kimber is mediocre.I assume a Kimber? What kind of holster?
Gotta love Texas
Eeeeeesh that's a pocket cannon. Guessing no one wants to carry the Judge after what happened to that Oklahoma pharmacist (or rather, what he did).Nah, Kimber is mediocre.
STI Nitro 10 in an HBE COMIII
Eeeeeesh that's a pocket cannon. Guessing no one wants to carry the Judge after what happened to that Oklahoma pharmacist (or rather, what he did).
I like my LCP and its sequel.Just a smidge more potent than the venerable LCP.
Lol
Eeeeeesh that's a pocket cannon. Guessing no one wants to carry the Judge after what happened to that Oklahoma pharmacist (or rather, what he did).
Damn that's a pretty sick rig, SSD too, (16 GB ram would've been nice imho though too many bloated programs hogging ram nowadays)Dell Inspiron 7000 Gaming Laptop: i5-7300HQ, 8GB DDR4, 256GB SSD, GTX 1060 $750 after $150 Slickdeals Rebate + Free S&H
Got this budget gaming laptop GTX 1060 $750 to play games when I float once in a while XD
16 GB would be ideal for 100 chrome tabs. 8 GB DDR4 RAM runs around $80 nowadays, but this model only has 1 screw to open the back panel to add more RAM if you want to. The open slot is right in front of you. It has pretty good review with thunderbolt (if you have GTX 1080 laying around lol) where high end laptop with just GTX 1060 runs at $1-1.4k normally. It will run most 1080p AAA games at high to max settings for a while so I will be pretty happy about that for how cheap it is.Damn that's a pretty sick rig, SSD too, (16 GB ram would've been nice imho though too many bloated programs hogging ram nowadays)
Select Walmart Stores: HP Omen 15.6" Laptop: i7-7700HQ, GTX 1050Ti $499 (Availability May Vary)Dell Inspiron 7000 Gaming Laptop: i5-7300HQ, 8GB DDR4, 256GB SSD, GTX 1060 $750 after $150 Slickdeals Rebate + Free S&H
Got this budget gaming laptop GTX 1060 $750 to play games when I float once in a while XD
I saw that deal too but they were sold out everywhere in socal lol. The 2nd link has a separate graphics card GTX 1060. That alone costs $300, do you play game at all? If not, you really don't need to buy a dedicated graphics card (GTX 1060, RX480, etc).Select Walmart Stores: HP Omen 15.6" Laptop: i7-7700HQ, GTX 1050Ti $499 (Availability May Vary)
Man I went to Walmart to try and get this laptop but they were sold out. $499 for i7-7700HQ, GTX 1050Ti, 12GB, 1TB no SSD.
I think it's time I upgraded my desktop. Still using a Core 2 Quad Q6600 with Vista from 2008 lol. What do you think about this deal (already expired):
Dell XPS Tower Desktop: Intel Core i7-7700, 8GB 2400MHz DDR4, 1TB 7200RPM HDD (w/ Intel Optane), GTX 1060 6GB, Windows 10 Home - $749.99 after $150 SD Rebate + Free S&H 11-02-2017
Is Optane ok vs SSD? 8GB RAM is pretty low right?
Thanks. Funnily enough I got a Lenovo IdeaPad a few years ago on a slickdeal and am still using it today just like you said, hooked up to a monitor for watching the stock market next to my work computer.Lenovo IdeaPad 320 15.6" Laptop: i5-8520U, 8GB DDR4, 256GB SSD $520 or Less
Great deal on 8th generation Coffee lake processor (quad core, 8 threads) + 256GB GB laptop. Prefect laptop if you don't game and you have microcenter nearby. @pezdispenser
If you have a monitor, just buy a hdmi cable $2 and hook it up that way to your monitor.
Thanks. Funnily enough I got a Lenovo IdeaPad a few years ago on a slickdeal and am still using it today just like you said, hooked up to a monitor for watching the stock market next to my work computer.
I will probably get a gaming desktop and a racing wheel and seat for some driving sims.
There was a slickdeal for the same laptop refurbished Asus Strix Gtx 1070 16GB ram, 256GB SSD, i7-7700hq for $1050 at eBay daily deal about 1.5 month ago. I missed it or I would've bought it, it was sold out in less than 2 hours lol . I'm pretty happy with inspiron 7557 Gtx 1060 for $750. Will probably last me 5 yrs to game on 1080p.I actually got their Powerspec 17 as part of a meat raffle.
Micro Center - Computers and Electronics
Quite amazing for the price, I would have bought the laptop outright at $1400. Handles S-Plus and E/R Studio like a dream.
Got this budget gaming laptop GTX 1060 $750 to play games when I float once in a while XD
During my day offs lmao... Not at work. But yes, when I worked overnight before I have about 4 hours of nothing around 2-6am.Where do you work where it's slow enough to play games? Are you an overnight pharmacist?
Use easeus backup free. Just clone your primary hdd to the ssd. Unplug and HDD and reformat for data storage. 30 mins max.I got the Dell Doorbuster deal on the Alienware i5 8400 with a GeForce GTX 1060 for $800 and added the liquid cooling for $50 and 256 GB SSD for $180 (ugh... but too lazy to transfer the OS to a new boot drive). Hoping I can stack the $200 slickdeals rebate on top.
Oh man, now you tell me. Does it transfer the recovery partition and everything?Use easeus backup free. Just clone your primary hdd to the ssd. Unplug and HDD and reformat for data storage. 30 mins max.
Oh man, now you tell me. Does it transfer the recovery partition and everything?
Anyway, I have another question. I got an SSD to milk some more life out of my 9 y/o desktop. What's the best way to upgrade it from Vista to Windows 10? Get a volume license key off ebay and clean install to the SSD?
I cancelled the Dell i5-8400 and got a hp i7-8700 with GTX 1060 for $770. No SSD so what should I get? An NVMe?Yes, that's what cloning mean. It will copy every files and partition.
Yes, clean install windows 10. Make sure you have your driver installation disk. Or, go to dell/hp website (where ever you got it from) and download all the drivers for your old computer. Clean install and reinstall all drivers (don't lose the wifi card driver).
You can also clean install + use driver booster (free) to download remaining driver.
1060 isn't getting bottle necked by i5-8400. In fact, it's over kill for that. i7-8700/i5-8400 (six core) will get bottle necked by your GPU. Any quad core will be sufficient to max out performance of 1060. I think the Dell deal was best with GTX 1080 for $800 with rebate. There is a massive jump going from 1060, 1070 and 1080I cancelled the Dell i5-8400 and got a hp i7-8700 with GTX 1060 for $770. No SSD so what should I get? An NVMe?
Yeah that's what I did with my old computer, and intend to do with this new one. I want to get a good CPU and just upgrade the other components when I need to and as they get cheaper. I don't play the latest games right now and certainly not in 4K. I just sometimes use Photoshop Lightroom and it's quite slow to load and to apply filters on my i5-3210M lol. So should I get a $128 Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe or save a few bucks and just get a M.2 SSD?If we are looking at the same deal hp omen, I think the omen 1060 GPU is only 3GB (weaker) version as well vs. 6GB 1060 alienware.
If you already buy the machine and will keep it for yrs, just use it until you are ready to upgrade to a better monitor (a 4k - they are still expensive), by then, GTX 1080 will be dirt cheap, you can just swap out 1060 with 1080 (Assuming your psu is at least 500 watts). 1060 is great to max out 1080p (1900x1080) monitor, but it will struggle past that resolution.
Yeah that's what I did with my old computer, and intend to do with this new one. I want to get a good CPU and just upgrade the other components when I need to and as they get cheaper. I don't play the latest games right now and certainly not in 4K. I just sometimes use Photoshop Lightroom and it's quite slow to load and to apply filters on my i5-3210M lol. So should I get a $128 Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe or save a few bucks and just get a M.2 SSD?
Select Walmart Stores: HP Omen 15.6" Laptop: i7-7700HQ, GTX 1050Ti $499 (Availability May Vary)
Man I went to Walmart to try and get this laptop but they were sold out. $499 for i7-7700HQ, GTX 1050Ti, 12GB, 1TB no SSD.
I think it's time I upgraded my desktop. Still using a Core 2 Quad Q6600 with Vista from 2008 lol. What do you think about this deal (already expired):
Dell XPS Tower Desktop: Intel Core i7-7700, 8GB 2400MHz DDR4, 1TB 7200RPM HDD (w/ Intel Optane), GTX 1060 6GB, Windows 10 Home - $749.99 after $150 SD Rebate + Free S&H 11-02-2017
Is Optane ok vs SSD? 8GB RAM is pretty low right?
Man, so confusing. I guess I still want to use the M.2 slot to leave the drive bays free for some old mechanical hard drives that I still use for backups. Funnily enough I did buy that Crucial MX300 275GB 2.5" SSD for $65 to put into my laptop. So yeah, the Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 250GB is twice the price, but I think I can afford to 'splurge' on it.
Your prior post went straight over my head lol. I hardly ever buy leading edge stuff. Usually I just upgrade parts with mid-range stuff whenever they can't cope anymore. But I can answer this question. I was talking about putting the hard drives into the new desktop I bought. It's a hp Omen i7-8700, GTX 1060 3GB with no SSD, and I think it has 4 x 3.5" drive bays. I just think it'll be a lot tidier to put them in there rather than having enclosures for each. I'm mostly concerned about mechanical failure rather than theft/fire/water/etc anyway.Do you really want to do so with the power consumption in a laptop? Why not get enclosures and keep them as true external backups?
Your prior post went straight over my head lol. I hardly ever buy leading edge stuff. Usually I just upgrade parts with mid-range stuff whenever they can't cope anymore. But I can answer this question. I was talking about putting the hard drives into the new desktop I bought. It's a hp Omen i7-8700, GTX 1060 3GB with no SSD, and I think it has 4 x 3.5" drive bays. I just think it'll be a lot tidier to put them in there rather than having enclosures for each. I'm mostly concerned about mechanical failure rather than theft/fire/water/etc anyway.
Dell Inspiron 7000 Gaming Laptop: i5-7300HQ, 8GB DDR4, 256GB SSD, GTX 1060 $750 after $150 Slickdeals Rebate + Free S&H
Got this budget gaming laptop GTX 1060 $750 to play games when I float once in a while XD
I'm not sure anyone in America understands "true poverty." Even our country's "poor" enjoy luxuries like cars, cell phones, and free healthcare. Just like many others, I have dispensed expensive (and possibly unnecessary) ADHD medications to Medicaid patients as they sit in their BMW talking on their iPhone in the drive-through. How much are they paying in taxes? Very little. They may even be receiving an earned income tax credit. Meanwhile, pharmacists lose about $40K off the top for taxes. As I'm sure you know, America has a progressive tax system. The higher your income, the greater percentage of your income goes to taxes. A lot of folks making $40K/year don't realize that those making $120K/year aren't actually taking home 3X as much money. I'm not suggesting $120K is "not enough." It's more than enough. What I meant was... many people assume that someone with an annual income of $120K is "rich." In reality, $120K will not propel someone to "wealth" unless they are frugal and live well below their means for about two decades (+/- a few years). I understand what you are saying about the primary care physician who thinks he is broke, but he does have a point... What the doc (or pharmacist for that matter) may not realize is that it's 100% his own fault. Many people have high incomes and don't have any money to show for it. If they buy a lot of status artifacts (e.g. big house, luxury cars), they won't have money... because they spent it. Granted, the house should appreciate over time, but the cars, the vacations, the restaurants... those are all sunk costs. Like flushing money down the toilet. If you make a lot of money, but flush it all down the toilet... yeah, you'll be broke.
Paying down the mortgage so if/when the **** hits the fan I'm able to change careers and can afford to take a huge hit in pay
This is me so far in 2017. Most of my pay goes into my investments and student loan payoff.
![]()
You could have also bought a house that was only 2x income so if it did take a job that pays half you would have a mortgage equivalent to what the banks think you can afford lol.
In 2 years I'll have about 2k in extra free cash flow when cars and loan is gone. I'll probably by my wife that nice SUV she wants about a year later and put some towards my church. The rest will be invested
It's the mint.com desktop website. Click on the Trends tab.Which app is this? I use mint, but this layout looks nice and user friendly.
My current mortgage balance is probably less than what you took out in student loans.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.