What do you guys think?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.Biassi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm graduating this may with a 3.5 GPA from a small country side school and I didn't apply to medschool because my MCAT was so bad!!! 18 (first time). I got accepted to a pharmacy school instead (Back up plan). But I really wanna do medicine. I'm 4 year closed to the 30s. Do you guys think I should go to pharm school? Take a year off and retake the MCAT? any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm graduating this may with a 3.5 GPA from a small country side school and I didn't apply to medschool because my MCAT was so bad!!! 18 (first time). I got accepted to a pharmacy school instead (Back up plan). But I really wanna do medicine. I'm 4 year closed to the 30s. Do you guys think I should go to pharm school? Take a year off and retake the MCAT? any advice?
Go to pharm; you're getting pretty old, and you might not have a child until 40 :laugh: jk

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't really study. Just browsed a book. Took a couple tests and oups I failed the whole thing!!!

i hear pharm school is really hard to get into... and pharmacists make great money with great hours.

LLU has a pharm school?

If not, *sniff sniff* TROLL

i hear pharm school is really hard to get into... and pharmacists make great money with great hours.

Pharm school is easy to get into.

Ever seen admissions stats? Some, if not most, are as low as Pod med school average GPAs. :laugh:

They do. It was open in 2000 I think and the first class graduated in 2004 or something

They do. It was open in 2000 I think and the first class graduated in 2004 or something

You guys I looked it up. He's telling the truth!!! He's not a troll!!

That said, don't think age is a hindrance. If medicine is what you really want, study for the MCAT and see what happens and go ahead and apply. Think about which job will make you happier. Think about the pros and cons of each one carefully.

Logically speaking, save time, make money, have a family, and go to Pharm School...

However if nothing besides med school will make you happy, go ahead and join the pity party, retake the MCAT, and apply to med school...

You guys I looked it up. He's telling the truth!!! He's not a troll!!

That said, don't think age is a hindrance. If medicine is what you really want, study for the MCAT and see what happens and go ahead and apply. Think about which job will make you happier. Think about the pros and cons of each one carefully.

Never said he was a troll. I said if LLU didn't have a pharm school then he very well could be one.

Anyways, go to pharm school OP .. you're in already.

Never said he was a troll. I said if LLU didn't have a pharm school then he very well could be one.

Anyways, go to pharm school OP .. you're in already.

you said "if not sniff sniff, troll!!"

Seems like that's indication that you thought he might be a troll.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pharm school is easy to get into.

Ever seen admissions stats? Some, if not most, are as low as Pod med school average GPAs. :laugh:

okay you caught me. i have never considered going into pharm =)

you said "if not sniff sniff, troll!!"

Seems like that's indication that you thought he might be a troll.

Originally Posted by Dr.Inviz

Damn girl, can you even read? I said that if LLU didn't have a pharm prog. then he is likely a troll. Must it be spelled out everytime?

Pharmacy school is becoming increasingly competitive.

With 40 hour work weeks and $110,000+ salaries...sometimes I wish I STAYED IN pharmacy school!

With 40 hour work weeks and $110,000+ salaries...sometimes I wish I STAYED IN pharmacy school!

Are you sure they make that much money?

You left pharmacy school?

You left pharmacy school?

I was a tracked pharmacy major in college.

After a few years of interning in a retail pharmacy I decided it wasnt for me and switched to Bio/PreMed. Luckily enough of the courses were transferrable between degrees so I didnt lose any time.

Certainly helped me when it came to Med School Pharm!

I was a tracked pharmacy major in college.

After a few years of interning in a retail pharmacy I decided it wasnt for me and switched to Bio/PreMed. Luckily enough of the courses were transferrable between degrees so I didnt lose any time.

Certainly helped me when it came to Med School Pharm!

I know St. John's (NY) has that track. I'm sure there are others (although don't know of any in the South, if there was one that I had known about, I'd for sure have applied to it).

I know St. John's (NY) has that track. I'm sure there are others (although don't know of any in the South, if there was one that I had known about, I'd for sure have applied to it).

There are a bunch of programs in the Northeast.

okay good! i wasn't that far off. at least i was right about the hours and pay.

do most retail pharmacists work in rooms without windows? it always looks really dark and cramped back there...

okay good! i wasn't that far off. at least i was right about the hours and pay.

do most retail pharmacists work in rooms without windows? it always looks really dark and cramped back there...

Not dark at all, but unless you have a Drive-Thru...dont expect a window!