what do you guys think?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

allgrownup

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, i'm not very well educated on what it takes to get into medical school, but before I dive into the sea of topics on this forum, I was hoping to get some direct answers. I feel like an ******* making one of these types of forums, but some people are telling me that my GPA is going to kill me and some are saying that my MCAT is going to save me. Any advice or input would be much appreciated. Currently, I stand as:

Major: Bioengineering
Minors: Economics and Philosophy
GPA: 3.38
science GPA: 3.35
MCAT: 40

I have decent volunteering activities (I think) like a youth crisis line, head of tutoring program, CPR/AED instructor, etc. I also have 3 years of solid research experience and presentations, but no publications.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

I think your MCAT score might save you, if your recent academic record is sterling and you apply broadly (including not only highly-selective med schools). Being very strong in research, leadership, clinical experience, and community service can also be moderating factors that help you.

What happens if you type the words implied by *****?

Your MCAT will save you a lot. Apply early and be sure to include some lower tier schools. Your major is a hard major too so yeah.... Also, apply some DOs for back up.