What do you see? X ray part 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Timmuh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
xrayl.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

upside down chest xray of i dunno, a boot shaped heart? don't mind me, i just bombed a path midterm on congenital/heart.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes Alex, the answer is "what is a light bulb in the rectum", I'll take manual disimpaction for 500 please.

Yes Alex, the answer is "what is a light bulb in the rectum", I'll take manual disimpaction for 500 please.

I'd like to meet the person with a rectum by their clavicles. I think that would be scientifically significant.

Humm.. I see a creep taking a clandestine camera-phone pic of an upside down chest x-ray.

Is this xray printed on paper?

Hard to tell, being upside down and with all the glare, but I'll guess "free air under the lt hemi-diaphragm."

Or that could be fundus.

could it be a thymoma or fibrosis of the thymus?

Hard to tell, being upside down and with all the glare, but I'll guess "free air under the lt hemi-diaphragm."

Or that could be fundus.

The dude is standing on his head. JK

:thumbup:JK, that is what I was thinking - air under diaphragm on erect CXR versus air in the fundus of the stomach.

So, sub-diaphragmatic air... pneumoperitoneum? Looks like possible use of horizontal tangential light to clarify-looking for smaller amounts of free intraperitoneal air in upright chest rad so –used for quick assessment of hemidiaphragms for free air.