2017 What do you think is better way for me?

Started by Jabez4910
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Jabez4910

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys.

I am currently working at hospitality field.
And can not see my self still here after 5 yrs.
so I want to change my career.

Basically I am an international student from South Korea. Holding a design associate degree-non science based.

I will be move to US after 2 yrs.
so it will be 2019 or 2020.

I still need to earn money, so I decided to take distance courses from University of Florida online.

Which is takes 4yrs for Bachelor degree.
If I start next year, I can get science bachelor by 2021.

Or

I can just save and save money and enter pre-pharm at some college which takes 2yrs. By the time I enter pre-pharm will be around 2020.

My goal is to enter the pharmD program in US as soon as possible because I don't want to get too old when I start pharmacist career.

Which is better idea do you think?

Going to UF online and get bachelor?
Or wait and enter pre-pharm?

I am so confused and feel like living in a stormy land.

Share your thoughts guys!

Appreciate it advance!



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Are you in South Korea now?

How strong is your science background?

No Currently in Dubai working as a cabincrew.
That is the thing.. 0 science background. I have to start from the bottom.
I am studying Biology AP n Chemistry AP.
Hopeless? Hehe. But I really want to change my career. I am willing to do everything.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That is the thing.. 0 science background. I have to start from the bottom.
I am studying Biology AP n Chemistry AP.
Hopeless? Hehe. But I really want to change my career. I am willing to do everything.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I assume you are very young?

If you take the majority of your courses in America, be prepared to go significantly in debt. I would not be surprised if you end up shelling out like $100,000 to $150,000 just for your BS, and then you will need to shell out another $200,000 + for a pharmacy degree.
 
I assume you are very young?

If you take the majority of your courses in America, be prepared to go significantly in debt. I would not be surprised if you end up shelling out like $100,000 to $150,000 just for your BS, and then you will need to shell out another $200,000 + for a pharmacy degree.

Not at all. I am 30 this year.
I will figure out those finance thing..
Once I decide which way to go through.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Not at all. I am 30 this year.
I will figure out those finance thing..
Once I decide which way to go through.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decisions in life should be based, at least partly, on finances. You may become a slave to debt if you're not careful.