What do you think of Shaq's doctor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Toejam

Terminal Student
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have to say, Dr. Mohr at UCLA is doing more for podiatry than anything I can remember in recent memory. He was on ESPN tonight talking about Shaq's surgery. He was well-spoken, calm intelligent and confident. They described him as Chief of Podiatric Surgery at UCLA.

Guys, if we had more exposure like this, podiatry would soon be out of the backwaters of medicine.

Members don't see this ad.

I agree Toe. There are Podiatrist who perform procedures on well-known sport stars. If we could just get them some PR time (TV or newspaper) it would trully help out the profession. I remember "Back in the day" when Larry Bird was having a lot of heel problems (bone spurs I think) he had several procedures done, where they done by a Pod?

I don't know, but I agree that there are plenty of pods who have treated famous people, surgery or otherwise. This could be a good way to get the word out that podiatrists are not alchemists

Good point, Toejam

There are plenty more like Dr. Mohr (pun intended :laugh: ). I think the schools are doing a disservice to their profession by continually lowering the standards. Not that statistics are everything, of course, but as soon as a university, graduate or even undergraduate, raises its acceptance rate to a point where it is free of competition, they begin to mass-produce professionals into a market that ultimately will have no use for them - a grim prospect.