• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

twt

10+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
i am an img, now working as a registerd nurse in ny (it's been 3 yrs).i have good scores in step1 and 2, but i gratuated 6 yrs ago. what do you think my chances are for begining my residency this year :) ? oh, i have a green card..
thx for your time and good luck tu you :)

kirurg

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
i am an img, now working as a registerd nurse in ny (it's been 3 yrs).i have good scores in step1 and 2, but i gratuated 6 yrs ago. what do you think my chances are for begining my residency this year :) ? oh, i have a green card..

I'd say you have a 64.12% chance of matching. Best of luck!!:luck:

dkpwalker

ID Attending
10+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2006
Springfield, MA
www.baystatehealth.org
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
First of all you can't start residency this year since the match has already gone would have to be next year and secondly, what does it matter what we think? you're gonna apply this year anyways right? What is important is your entire package and how you present yourself to the programs. 6 years out of med school is a bit long but if you make them want you, then they will invite you for an interview. All the best. (FYI, i am sure you're making a lot more money as a RN that the residents in some programs right now)

About the Ads

buckley

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 30, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I actually met someone in a similar situation as you when I took my CS. Get a good letter of recommendation ;) Good luck!:luck:

twt

10+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
thank you for your answers. i was wondering about the filters some programes have, if i will make it to the interview . .

Tired

Fading away
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2006
thank you for your answers. i was wondering about the filters some programes have, if i will make it to the interview . .

Green card or not, thought you still needed the ECFMG and Step III done.

buckley

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 30, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]

there's just no way to tell if you will cross that river until you have crossed that river. Green card is a plus, but I'm sure you know that already. Common filters are USMLE scores, ECFMG certification, visa. But basically any filter is possible from your last name to your country of origin. Good luck to you!

Winged Scapula

Cougariffic!
Staff member
Volunteer Staff
Apr 9, 2000
forums.studentdoctor.net
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Green card or not, thought you still needed the ECFMG and Step III done.

Those two things (ECFMG certification and Step 3) increase your chances of matching (especially at programs that use them as screening factors) but they are not required to match by the NRMP.

buckley

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 30, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
ECFMG certification is needed for ROL...at least that's what I've been told.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.