what do you think

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

twt

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am an img, now working as a registerd nurse in ny (it's been 3 yrs).i have good scores in step1 and 2, but i gratuated 6 yrs ago. what do you think my chances are for begining my residency this year :) ? oh, i have a green card..
thx for your time and good luck tu you :)

Members don't see this ad.

i am an img, now working as a registerd nurse in ny (it's been 3 yrs).i have good scores in step1 and 2, but i gratuated 6 yrs ago. what do you think my chances are for begining my residency this year :) ? oh, i have a green card..

I'd say you have a 64.12% chance of matching. Best of luck!!:luck:

First of all you can't start residency this year since the match has already gone would have to be next year and secondly, what does it matter what we think? you're gonna apply this year anyways right? What is important is your entire package and how you present yourself to the programs. 6 years out of med school is a bit long but if you make them want you, then they will invite you for an interview. All the best. (FYI, i am sure you're making a lot more money as a RN that the residents in some programs right now)

I actually met someone in a similar situation as you when I took my CS. Get a good letter of recommendation ;) Good luck!:luck:

thank you for your answers. i was wondering about the filters some programes have, if i will make it to the interview . .

thank you for your answers. i was wondering about the filters some programes have, if i will make it to the interview . .

Green card or not, thought you still needed the ECFMG and Step III done.

there's just no way to tell if you will cross that river until you have crossed that river. Green card is a plus, but I'm sure you know that already. Common filters are USMLE scores, ECFMG certification, visa. But basically any filter is possible from your last name to your country of origin. Good luck to you!

ECFMG certification is needed for ROL...at least that's what I've been told.