Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There are ways around itAre you assuming neither wants benefits? Otherwise that’s a big negative for the group.
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
There are ways around itAre you assuming neither wants benefits? Otherwise that’s a big negative for the group.
He’s right. We are mostly accustomed to a hospital based model but some groups have just an outpatient contract or contracts, cover 3-4 rooms per doc, lots of private insurance. High efficiency. Make $$$$
Anyone see Warren's single payer health plan? Abolishes private insurance and pays only current medicare rates with no increase. Seems like it would be highly disruptive to all groups. What would a Mommy track job pay under Warren's plan, 120K?
IF she was elected AND dems win senate AND house, it is possible. ASA would then have to do some real work to fight for a massive adjustment to Medicare rates for anesthesia, otherwise half the specialty would quit.
Anyone see Warren's single payer health plan? Abolishes private insurance and pays only current medicare rates with no increase. Seems like it would be highly disruptive to all groups. What would a Mommy track job pay under Warren's plan, 120K?
depends on what cases the mommy did!!the question is what happens to all anesthesia reimbursement. From a physician POV we'd want hospitals to offset that drop in revenue with subsidies. If they didn't and you only got CMS revenue to pay the anesthesiologists I bet you'd be look at <$100K for mommy track.
depends on what cases the mommy did!!
If she did all endo cases she could make 500k depending on the insurance
depends on what cases the mommy did!!
If she did all endo cases she could make 500k depending on the insurance.
If she did cardiac.. then perhaps youre right.
not under medicare for all, there would be no "insurance"
maybe, devil in the details. might still have some wealthy people buying insurance, but not many in my neck of the woods!
Maybe you aren’t familiar with her plan, but it’s the total abolishment of private insurance. Cash only healthcare would be the only place to make money. Then there will be real anger about a very obvious 2 tiered health system.
I don't understand why government can't give veterans federal employee insurance and let them go to any hospitals that accept the insurance?People touting Medicare for all do not understand what that kind of plan can lead to.
Government intervention IS the problem in healthcare.
Having one player having a say would be a complete and UTTER disaster.
Look at Washington. Your city and state governments. They are **** shows.
There is no heirarchy. Massive corruption. and very little results for the amount of taxation they collect.
The federal govt cant even run the VA properly. The VA has a budget of roughly 200 Billion dollars to cover 10 million veterans.
There are huge waitlists, vets are turned down, there is massive corruption and scandals, on and on and on. And, NOBODY can fix it. They cannot do it. There IS NO ANSWER for the fraud that is the VA.
what do you think medicare for all would look like? How much waste and abuse and fraud do you think there would be in that kind of system?
People touting Medicare for all do not understand what that kind of plan can lead to.
Government intervention IS the problem in healthcare.
Having one player having a say would be a complete and UTTER disaster.
Look at Washington. Your city and state governments. They are **** shows.
There is no heirarchy. Massive corruption. and very little results for the amount of taxation they collect.
The federal govt cant even run the VA properly. The VA has a budget of roughly 200 Billion dollars to cover 10 million veterans.
There are huge waitlists, vets are turned down, there is massive corruption and scandals, on and on and on. And, NOBODY can fix it. They cannot do it. There IS NO ANSWER for the fraud that is the VA.
what do you think medicare for all would look like? How much waste and abuse and fraud do you think there would be in that kind of system?
depends on what cases the mommy did!!
If she did all endo cases she could make 500k depending on the insurance.
If she did cardiac.. then perhaps youre right.
Maybe. But what’s a better solution? We are headed towards 20% GDP towards healthcare.
I'm sure he's doing fine but perhaps not making the killing it appears.An electrician came to my house for a minor repair this week. He was in and out in under 40 minutes. I paid him $150 in cash.
It won’t happen because first and foremost I don’t ever see Democrats taking the Senate and at the rate they’re going they may lose the House so we may just have our first female President who won’t get anything through Congress.
The answer is the free market.
I'm sure he's doing fine but perhaps not making the killing it appears.
That's an arrangement not unlike an anesthesia eat-what-you-kill setup where you do a nicely paid case and then sit around for 2 hours until the next. That electrician didn't get paid for driving his van to and from your house. How many other appointments did he have that day?
strictly enforcing stark and anti kickback laws is the answer.
In our case, it is absolute government intervention and regulation that lead to consolidation(and collapse of many fine institutions) in our industry. There is no free markets in our healthcare system.That’s not free market. It’s government intervention. Free markets actually lead to consolidation and oligarchies, late stage capitalism and eventually revolution. It’s happened in retail and media over the last few decades and healthcare in the last 2 decades. We could all be working for Amazon Healthcare in 20 years.
There would be a lot of early retirements, myself included, and there would be no mommy track as it wouldn’t pay enough to attract anyone. It will be the 90’s all over again, except the super partners won’t be getting rich on the slave class this time. We will all go down together.IF she was elected AND dems win senate AND house, it is possible. ASA would then have to do some real work to fight for a massive adjustment to Medicare rates for anesthesia, otherwise half the specialty would quit.
Lol. U realize how many federal non clinical employees the feds would have to find jobs for.I don't understand why government can't give veterans federal employee insurance and let them go to any hospitals that accept the insurance?
Convert VA to regular hospitals.
On top of that, I would venture to say that 20 % of the VA work force is unemployable outside of the federal govt.Lol. U realize how many federal non clinical employees the feds would have to find jobs for.
the docs, clinical nurses, techs can all find jobs elsewhere. That’s not the problem
there are around 350k employees in the veterans administration. I bet at least 1/3 or more are non clinical positions. Maybe even more.
how are they gonna to move those people. They ain’t gonna to retire.
That’s not free market. It’s government intervention. Free markets actually lead to consolidation and oligarchies, late stage capitalism and eventually revolution. It’s happened in retail and media over the last few decades and healthcare in the last 2 decades. We could all be working for Amazon Healthcare in 20 years.
Women with kids still generally take lower offers like hourly $200/hr-250/hr at some places I know w2Just curious how much are part time jobs paying now with the recent increase in anesthesia salaries ?
Not terrible. 32 hours a week for 44 weeks (assuming taking 8 weeks off come to just about 500k). Malpractice should be around 15-20k and can be written off as 1099 so it’s really only costing you 10.How would you rate this job. Solo. 350/hr 8 hour guaranteed for 8 hours and 4 days Week. OT is same 350. 1099. Have to pay for own health and malpractice sound ?
I’m hesitant to post here since everybody seems to make 99 percentile.
How would you rate this job. Solo. 350/hr 8 hour guaranteed for 8 hours and 4 days Week. OT is same 350. 1099. Have to pay for own health and malpractice sound ?
I’m hesitant to post here since everybody seems to make 99 percentile.
How would you rate this job. Solo. 350/hr 8 hour guaranteed for 8 hours and 4 days Week. OT is same 350. 1099. Have to pay for own health and malpractice sound ?
I’m hesitant to post here since everybody seems to make 99 percentile
Agree with others. At the end of the day, they can only screw you so hard with a firm hourly rate, and $350 is pretty good. So where can this go south:It’s fine job as long as u get Fridays or Mondays off most of the time. Nothing wrong with it since u are paid hourly.
Seems just fine, assuming that it's a place you want to live/work, and the day-to-day practice (acuity, environment, surgeons, facility) is acceptable.How would you rate this job. Solo. 350/hr 8 hour guaranteed for 8 hours and 4 days Week. OT is same 350. 1099. Have to pay for own health and malpractice sound ?
I’m hesitant to post here since everybody seems to make 99 percentile.
U can be like me work 100 hrs and still pickup kids , go to their awards ceremony, baseball games, tennis, cheer. I don’t recall any missed events. I even swing deals for someone to cover me for 3 hrs to go to their events. And I pay them back.Can we get rid of the mommy-track nomenclature? As a daddy-track employee I take offense to it. But only a little since I don’t miss a single one of my kids commitments.
That’s really good. Unfortunately nothing like that in Florida. Too bad it’s not Charleston SC.Our day docs make 400 w benefits and work 28 weeks a year.
Is this a 7 on 7 off gig? No way they are making 400 working 40 hours during those weeks on.Our day docs make 400 w benefits and work 28 weeks a year.
They work 6am to anywhere from 2-430 at the latest but usually around 3- they’re the last to go before we just get down to call team. I’d bet they work 45 hours a week on average. They do tend to get the less desirable assignments like GI more than the rest of us - but the two drs we have now as day docs don’t do blocks so we can’t always use them elsewhere. Some of the guys in my group loathe GI so I bet that’s why they cut them a nice deal 🤷♀️ idk happened before I got there. One of them might retire at the end of next year so we might need another then.Is this a 7 on 7 off gig? No way they are making 400 working 40 hours during those weeks on.
570k 1099 especially with healthcare taken care of. Is really worth 100k more than a w2 job (if married)Been building my own “daddy track” life as a 1099 — working locally, around 40 hours a week at $325–$350/hr which is the going rate around here... Planning for about 8 weeks off a year and averaging around $570k. The flexibility’s been awesome — no calls, no weekends, and most days I’m out early and I'm on my wife's health insurance so there's that 🙂 When I interviewed around before doing solo 1099, most gigs paying 350 to 450k as ASC daytime work 6 weeks off. I'm doing much better than that being by myself. Laughable offers from these groups.
This is like my "avoid migraine" track with 1 week a month locums in Texas. I'm single, but I stopped taking call, and that got rid of one cause of migraines. I tell 2 groups which days I want to work or not work, and I can take whatever days I want to off to get stuff done. I work until 430ish with one job, I can work a half day until 12ish (often earlier) or a full day (until about the latest 3) with another.Been building my own “daddy track” life as a 1099 — working locally, around 40 hours a week at $325–$350/hr which is the going rate around here... Planning for about 8 weeks off a year and averaging around $570k. The flexibility’s been awesome — no calls, no weekends, and most days I’m out early and I'm on my wife's health insurance so there's that 🙂 When I interviewed around before doing solo 1099, most gigs paying 350 to 450k as ASC daytime work 6 weeks off. I'm doing much better than that being by myself. Laughable offers from these groups.
How far do you drive? Do you stay overnight?Been building my own “daddy track” life as a 1099 — working locally, around 40 hours a week at $325–$350/hr which is the going rate around here... Planning for about 8 weeks off a year and averaging around $570k. The flexibility’s been awesome — no calls, no weekends, and most days I’m out early and I'm on my wife's health insurance so there's that 🙂 When I interviewed around before doing solo 1099, most gigs paying 350 to 450k as ASC daytime work 6 weeks off. I'm doing much better than that being by myself. Laughable offers from these groups.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.