What does this tell you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kov82

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So after reading this, I can't figure out if its normal/typical, if the students there/future students should worry?
I understand he is a human being and has a family that may have hated southern Cali, and he has the right to leave, but isnt it a big deal that he didnt wait for one graduating class before leaving?
he was associated with the ADA and did a good job during the interviews/tours selling the school so I felt better knowing he was apart of it, or is that what his job is to start up programs and sell it to people?

Interim Dean Named for College of Dental Medicine

POMONA, Calif. - 01/11/2011 --

Dr. James Koelbl, founding dean of WesternU’s College of Dental Medicine, has accepted a position with the University of New England to establish a dental college at that institution.

Dr. Koelbl will remain with WesternU until spring of this year, when he will move back east to begin his new duties. College of Dental Medicine (CDM) Associate Dean Steven Friedrichsen, DDS, has been named interim dean of the College and will serve in that capacity beginning Feb. 1, 2011.

“We are fortunate that Dr. Koelbl’s recruitment for the College’s administration and faculty team brought Dr. Friedrichsen to us,” said Benjamin Cohen, DO, WesternU Provost and Chief Operating Officer. “He has experience as dean at Creighton University Medical Center School of Dentistry, and has acclimated into our unique WesternU family and campus. His presence assures the continued high quality and forward-looking philosophy that have been hallmarks of the College under Dr. Koelbl’s stewardship.”

CDM students, faculty and staff were told of Dr. Koelbl’s decision in a meeting on Jan. 5.

In a message to the campus, Dr. Cohen stated, “I hope you will join me in thanking Dr. Koelbl for his contributions to WesternU as he finishes his tenure over the next few months, and in wishing him well as he embarks on his new endeavors.”

“The College of Dental Medicine has benefited enormously from the outstanding vision and exceptional leadership of Dr. Koelbl,” Dr. Friedrichsen said.

“My intention is to build on the solid foundation of our mission and vision of the College,” he said. “At this point in our development it important for the College to sustain and enhance the efforts needed to meet the goals of both the College and Western University of Health Sciences.”

Members don't see this ad.

So after reading this, I can't figure out if its normal/typical, if the students there/future students should worry?
I understand he is a human being and has a family that may have hated southern Cali, and he has the right to leave, but isnt it a big deal that he didnt wait for one graduating class before leaving?
he was associated with the ADA and did a good job during the interviews/tours selling the school so I felt better knowing he was apart of it, or is that what his job is to start up programs and sell it to people?

Interim Dean Named for College of Dental Medicine

POMONA, Calif. - 01/11/2011 --

Dr. James Koelbl, founding dean of WesternU’s College of Dental Medicine, has accepted a position with the University of New England to establish a dental college at that institution.

Dr. Koelbl will remain with WesternU until spring of this year, when he will move back east to begin his new duties. College of Dental Medicine (CDM) Associate Dean Steven Friedrichsen, DDS, has been named interim dean of the College and will serve in that capacity beginning Feb. 1, 2011.

“We are fortunate that Dr. Koelbl’s recruitment for the College’s administration and faculty team brought Dr. Friedrichsen to us,” said Benjamin Cohen, DO, WesternU Provost and Chief Operating Officer. “He has experience as dean at Creighton University Medical Center School of Dentistry, and has acclimated into our unique WesternU family and campus. His presence assures the continued high quality and forward-looking philosophy that have been hallmarks of the College under Dr. Koelbl’s stewardship.”

CDM students, faculty and staff were told of Dr. Koelbl’s decision in a meeting on Jan. 5.

In a message to the campus, Dr. Cohen stated, “I hope you will join me in thanking Dr. Koelbl for his contributions to WesternU as he finishes his tenure over the next few months, and in wishing him well as he embarks on his new endeavors.”

“The College of Dental Medicine has benefited enormously from the outstanding vision and exceptional leadership of Dr. Koelbl,” Dr. Friedrichsen said.

“My intention is to build on the solid foundation of our mission and vision of the College,” he said. “At this point in our development it important for the College to sustain and enhance the efforts needed to meet the goals of both the College and Western University of Health Sciences.”

Dr. Friedrichsen was the Dean at Creighton and was run out of town by the faculty and students. Good luck.

Run out? That is not what I have heard and have heard other things from a couple of friends that are attending Creighton. The students are bummed the Dean Koelbl is leaving but are in no way worried. Why would we be worried? Creighton is a pretty good school so Friedrichsen has experience and I know that several of our faculty have been impressed with some of Friedrichsen's ideas but they wouldn't get very specific about it. All in all, I don't see Dr. Friedrichsen very much but I am sure the students at Western are getting a great education. Kov, I know you are an extremely anxious person. If you have so many worries, why don't you go to the other school you were accepted to?

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't stress it. None of the current Western students think it's a big deal and none of us are concerned about the whole thing. People have to do what's best for themselves and their families. We all really like Dr Friedrichsen and nothing is going to change about the school or the program.

Hey spud, you have been fairly helpful but like I said to you in a PM, I am an inquisitive person, I like to ask questions, just like I like to help people who ask me questions, I get and I give, I want to gain as much information as I can from as many sources as I can, make a decision, so that I can live with the bumps that WILL come along (as with any dental school) and feel that I made the best possible decision that I could with what I had available to me.

FOR ME<--- this is a big decision, I do not, and will not take lightly

I dont appreciate constantly being labeled and judged by you, or belittled, so from all your comments and labels I have realized that my questions are making YOU panic, and you are reflecting that anxiety on me, sorry dude, you wont get any more PM's from me, and if you dont want to feel bad, just ignore threads with my name on them, I will repeat again though, I appreciate any useful advice you have given.

One thing I realize (like all the USC information) on this website, is that people spread rumors, I didnt specifically ask who Dr. Friedrichsen is or if anyone knows anything about him, I didnt even think about his reputation until now, and its true that sokrman14's comment has me a little concerned but I would solely make a decision based on that, what I asked was is what Dr. Koelbl is doing typical? there may be circumstances I am not aware of (like I mentioned his family may HATE it there), but I would THINK the guy would stick around to see at least one graduating class, I just liked the guy, I'm not even a part of of the school (yet?) and I am sorry to hear he is leaving

Run out? That is not what I have heard and have heard other things from a couple of friends that are attending Creighton. The students are bummed the Dean Koelbl is leaving but are in no way worried. Why would we be worried? Creighton is a pretty good school so Friedrichsen has experience and I know that several of our faculty have been impressed with some of Friedrichsen's ideas but they wouldn't get very specific about it. All in all, I don't see Dr. Friedrichsen very much but I am sure the students at Western are getting a great education. Kov, I know you are an extremely anxious person. If you have so many worries, why don't you go to the other school you were accepted to?

I am at Creighton, he was forced to resign, they developed a completely new job title that was just for him; then he chose to leave after that. Every school is unique and has their own identity. Fredrichsen is a good man, I interacted with him on a few occasions, but he just wasnt the fit for Creighton's way of life. Its not to say he'll do a bad job at Western, but he just wasn't the fit for Creighton.

This tells me there is another private dental school opening? :wtf:

LOL I've read your concerns on other threads...I bet you wouldnt have felt that way when applying though...different shoes.

The dean is largely responsible for the bad behavior of everyone in a dental school. This includes faculty and students. One person leaves, same person takes over with a different color tie. The only change is when it gets worse.

I just re-read that. Think I'll go hit the clubs.

Hey spud, you have been fairly helpful but like I said to you in a PM, I am an inquisitive person, I like to ask questions, just like I like to help people who ask me questions, I get and I give, I want to gain as much information as I can from as many sources as I can, make a decision, so that I can live with the bumps that WILL come along (as with any dental school) and feel that I made the best possible decision that I could with what I had available to me.

FOR ME<--- this is a big decision, I do not, and will not take lightly

I dont appreciate constantly being labeled and judged by you, or belittled, so from all your comments and labels I have realized that my questions are making YOU panic, and you are reflecting that anxiety on me, sorry dude, you wont get any more PM's from me, and if you dont want to feel bad, just ignore threads with my name on them, I will repeat again though, I appreciate any useful advice you have given.

One thing I realize (like all the USC information) on this website, is that people spread rumors, I didnt specifically ask who Dr. Friedrichsen is or if anyone knows anything about him, I didnt even think about his reputation until now, and its true that sokrman14's comment has me a little concerned but I would solely make a decision based on that, what I asked was is what Dr. Koelbl is doing typical? there may be circumstances I am not aware of (like I mentioned his family may HATE it there), but I would THINK the guy would stick around to see at least one graduating class, I just liked the guy, I'm not even a part of of the school (yet?) and I am sorry to hear he is leaving

Note to (your)self: learn to construct sentences.

Hup

I dont appreciate constantly being labeled and judged by you, or belittled, so from all your comments and labels I have realized that my questions are making YOU panic, and you are reflecting that anxiety on me, sorry dude, you wont get any more PM's from me, and if you dont want to feel bad, just ignore threads with my name on them

Is this for real?

isnt it a big deal that he didnt wait for one graduating class before leaving?

why would this be a big deal? not sure being the dean of a new dental school requires you to stick around for the first graduating class...

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
then I guess you shouldnt be posting on this thread....

Notice I did not say "i'm not sure." Rather, I said it in a manner that suggests it does not matter. In reality, this decision will not affect you. We see our dean very seldom and this is in no way affects the quality of our education or training.

Quit geting so defensive over responses, no one is out to get you here (or label, judge, belittle... whatever you want to call it). And do yourself a favor, leave the nonsense, personal B.S. about PMs off the thread (and for the record, I'm almost certain spud daddy will still be able to function without your PMs).

As far as my opinion on Dean Koelbl leaving, a new opportunity arose and he jumped on it. Not unlike anyone would do in a situation like this, right? So when the opportunity came, he either had to take it (and thus not be around for Western's first graduation) or pass it up and wonder what if. He set up a solid program at Western, of which the foundation is set and will continue to be built on. Western will not deteriorate the second Dr. Koelbl leaves (if, in fact, he built a reputable school). I understand you liked the guy, he happens to be a pretty a likable guy... but, rest assured, his decision to leave says nothing of the status of Western's dental school.

Notice I did not say "i'm not sure." Rather, I said it in a manner that suggests it does not matter. In reality, this decision will not affect you. We see our dean very seldom and this is in no way affects the quality of our education or training.

As far as my opinion on Dean Koelbl leaving, a new opportunity arose and he jumped on it. Not unlike anyone would do in a situation like this, right? So when the opportunity came, he either had to take it (and thus not be around for Western's first graduation) or pass it up and wonder what if. He set up a solid program at Western, of which the foundation is set and will continue to be built on. Western will not deteriorate the second Dr. Koelbl leaves (if, in fact, he built a reputable school). I understand you liked the guy, he happens to be a pretty a likable guy... but, rest assured, his decision to leave says nothing of the status of Western's dental school.

this was all I cared about hearing.....everything else is extra and borders on trolling

I only worried and really wondered what the dean's role really is,

I read past threads (and I know everyone says "dont take the stuff people say here seriously" etc) where the USC dean stepped down, UPenn (a while back if I'm not mistaken), and now this guy with Creighton, so yea, hes a suit, unless hes a complete idiot then he can sink the ship, I just hope they hang on to what the structure is now, because on paper its great

Quit geting so defensive over responses, no one is out to get you here (or label, judge, belittle... whatever you want to call it). And do yourself a favor, leave the nonsense, personal B.S. about PMs off the thread (and for the record, I'm almost certain spud daddy will still be able to function without your PMs).

yea so you should not be telling me if I should or should not be defensive, not up to you..... the reason I mentioned the PM's, is so the people here on the public thread (like you) WONT think I am being defensive, for you to realize, this guy cant help but makes these repetitive comments over and over, he will take the time to write half a page of good advice, but right before doing so...will spit in my face, since it was private, I could laugh at my computer that he would jump to those conclusions/judgments and labels etc, but I'd ignore it and thank him for the help, this time, the guy comes on and does it in public, so I had to respond, I simply told him the truth, if my questions begin to make him feel insecure about the program he is currently in, he shouldnt bother reading them, I didnt say he would be crying without my PM's but of course, you already knew that, and just wanted something to say

this was all I cared about hearing.....everything else is extra and borders on trolling

I read past threads (and I know everyone says "dont take the stuff people say here seriously" etc) where the USC dean stepped down, UPenn (a while back if I'm not mistaken), and now this guy with Creighton, so yea, hes a suit, unless hes a complete idiot then he can sink the ship, I just hope they hang on to what the structure is now, because on paper its great

yea so you should not be telling me if I should or should not be defensive, not up to you..... the reason I mentioned the PM's, is so the people here on the public thread (like you) WONT think I am being defensive, for you to realize, this guy cant help but makes these repetitive comments over and over, he will take the time to write half a page of good advice, but right before doing so...will spit in my face, since it was private, I could laugh at my computer that he would jump to those conclusions/judgments and labels etc, but I'd ignore it and thank him for the help, this time, the guy comes on and does it in public, so I had to respond, I simply told him the truth, if my questions begin to make him feel insecure about the program he is currently in, he shouldnt bother reading them, I didnt say he would be crying without my PM's but of course, you already knew that, and just wanted something to say

I wasn't going to respond because you are making a fool of yourself but...I can't help myself. I can assure you I am not anxious about my program and feel sorry for you for thinking that YOUR questions affect me at all. If me telling you to "take a deep breath" is spitting in your face, then so be it. You will definitely not fit in our program if the way you are acting/typing/posing questions is a representation of you as a person. I seriously encourage you to look into the other program you were accepted to. This is a growing and changing curriculum and program. You seem like the person who needs to know everything about everything. The truth is the school is still new and things are and will continue to change. One of the challenges of a growing school is being able to work together with the students and faculty. You seem to express an ineptitude when it comes to dealing with people/asking questions/expressing yourself. Yes the dean is leaving to help start another school but like Just Peachy said, it doesn't really affect us.

I wasn't going to respond because you are making a fool of yourself but...I can't help myself.

no....you cant help yourself, you kept making the SAME statements over and over and I would ignore them, but you kept at it, you assumed I was not accepted to any other program until I corrected you about it and now you keep telling me to accept the other offer, you also added that I was "pushy and condescending" when all I was doing was asking questions, those statements were OUT OF THE BLUE and actually made me laugh when I read them, then you did it again in public, so I had to say something

I can assure you I am not anxious about my program and feel sorry for you for thinking that YOUR questions affect me at all.

OBVIOUSLY it does bother you, since you repeat it over and over....theres a pattern, either I am as anxious as you say OR you're reflecting on me, I would say its YOU, and you would disagree, so there you have it

I know its a lot of questions, but theres nothing to calm down about, all I want is to make an informed decision, either answer the questions or DONT, but you dont need to label a person as nervous or "anxious" "pushy" "condescending" while doing it, making comments that have NOTHING to do with the questions, just answer and move along or just move along

JustPeachy and a lot of your classmates were able to do it without ONE snide remark....you are the only one that responds this way, you are actually the exception among all the people I have met or contacted at that school in terms of a negative experience...congrats

You will definitely not fit in our program if the way you are acting/typing/posing questions is a representation of you as a person. I seriously encourage you to look into the other program you were accepted to.
you ASSUMED I wasnt accepted to any other program, then you find out I was and start telling me what to do? I asked a series of questions ABOUT the program at Western, I never asked you where you think I should go, you can take that suggestion and shove it up your A

The truth is the school is still new and things are and will continue to change. One of the challenges of a growing school is being able to work together with the students and faculty.

again....nothing to do with my OP, in fact, what you are stating is obvious, and doesnt clear up ANY concerns about specifics in the program at Western that someone else might have on this site, so even for those people your post is useless

You seem to express an ineptitude when it comes to dealing with people/asking questions/expressing yourself.

I know people reading this will think I am the combative one, but really, I'm just annoyed by your constant irrelevant comments and wanted to speak up about it, as far as the program goes, the faculty during interview were great, EVERYONE I spoke to from D1 and D2 has been very nice and helpful, YOU are the ONLY person I have a problem with, even then I still thanked you for any information you gave about the school

my questions have been VERY thorough for a potential future student, so much so that you complain about them as "worries", as far as expressing myself I've made it quite clear what I think of you, and I feel that if I am attacked I'll deal with it by defending myself....

you can come back now....and make more pointless statements and labels and comments, it wont change the fact that between me and you, we both know you are a d:thumbup:ck

I am done after this but this is a quote from your pm "Thank you for all the advice, I have not gotten into any other schools" I didn't assume anything. You told me that. Also when you post on a public forum, you are going to get SUGGESTIONS. You can take it or leave it. As far as worries, you are the one who classified your questions as worries as per your opening post. Once again I am not anxious. I am in dental school with awesome friends and classmates and doing well in all my classes. In fact life is great! I have actually shared your pm's with several of my classmates and we have all gotten quite a chuckle but mostly just feel sorry for you and hope you choose the other program you were supposedly accepted to.

I am done after this but this is a quote from your pm "Thank you for all the advice, I have not gotten into any other schools" I didn't assume anything. You told me that. Also when you post on a public forum, you are going to get SUGGESTIONS. You can take it or leave it. As far as worries, you are the one who classified your questions as worries as per your opening post.

you're like Mayor Quimby, you jump on stage, make a bunch of irrelevant baseless comments that sound big and hope the people in the audience (members of SDN) will be too stupid to see through you

you said "you seem to be a person who needs to know everything about everything" several times I mentioned I LIKE TO ASK QUESTIONS, but I can tell you this...... YOU SEEM like a person who LOVES to label people, after I'm done asking around about my decision, I will leave this site until another time when I need advice years from now (or reply to anyone who asks me questions about school), but your classmates will have to suffer through four years of being with someone like YOU, its only been around 6 months, but you have a small class ~65 people, so I cant imagine this nasty aspect of your personality not rearing its ugly head enough for people to figure you out

I ASKED for suggestions about my OP, not all the "anxious" "pushy" "condescending" "you need to chill" "take a deep breadth" comments...

and I didnt classify anything as a worry, I ASKED....SHOULD THIS WORRY OR CONCERN ANYONE??

Once again I am not anxious. I am in dental school with awesome friends and classmates and doing well in all my classes. In fact life is great! I have actually shared your pm's with several of my classmates and we have all gotten quite a chuckle but mostly just feel sorry for you and hope you choose the other program you were supposedly accepted to.

Once again, I disagree, I think you are anxious, I think you LOVED that school and were/are really excited to go there, but you are deeply invested now, so when I ask questions, they might make you wonder about them yourself, and your heart starts pounding, so you log on and tell me to "calm down" as a way of calming YOURSELF down

this back and forth started because of what you read on someone elses post (sokrman14), his comment rattled you, you jumped on to defend your new dean, THEN turned your attention on me, and with your statement "Kov, I know you are an extremely anxious person. If you have so many worries, why don't you go to the other school you were accepted to? ", showed that you wished I never brought it up in the first place, you dont want to hear statements like sokrman14's bring you down, and you blame me for it, sokrman14 felt this vibe off you, so he later posted "he just wasnt the fit for Creighton's way of life. Its not to say he'll do a bad job at Western, but he just wasn't the fit for Creighton." as a way to back peddle, and alleviate YOUR fears, I didnt want to state the obvious, but what isnt good for Creighton, PROBABLY is not good for Western, Harvard, or a dental school in South Africa (that is to say IF sokrman14's statment is true about the new dean being "run out of town")

and its good for you to state the obvious that you are in dental school as we all know, and that you mention life is so great.... good, keep reinforcing, I'm sure itll work

you didnt actually need to show your friends our PM's, I SENT YOUR CLASSMATES ON SDN ALL THE SAME QUESTIONS, I wasnt ashamed of anything, so I guess mentioning this shows your attempt to belittle me

different peoples pov's is important to me, as far as having a chuckle, I really wouldnt know what about, you yourself said I asked good questions in a PM, then you said I am inept at asking questions in your previous post? which is it Mr Quimby?....its good that you "are done with this", I wouldnt want to hear more baseless/useless comments

I made it clear from the start, "there is a east coast school I am interested in" then I told you I had been accepted, but you are now accusing me of lying about my acceptance, I woulndt want to prove it to you either way

So I want to apologize to the people on SDN (most of them) for airing this in public, I suppose while I was sending him messages I could have said something to him, but he was helping me out, so I brushed it off as just part of his personality, and I figured a guy with that kind of psyche with labeling everyone and all wouldnt get much out of a private back and forth, he publicly repeated something he had said a lot in our messages, so I figured this way he may think twice about comments like this to someone else in the future, but his mentality might be hard for him to break, so who knows?

I hope if nothing else it has served some kind of comic relief/entertainment value.

Last edited:

You should take those periods and spread them out into complete sentences. It's a suggestion for a future dentist, don't get all defensive over it.

This tells me there is another private dental school opening? :wtf:
First thing I thought when I read this. The amount of dentist being produced each year is insane.

Even if I was applying, I'd want my profession to be protected from the current issues of over saturation of dentists. They prey on students like you.

You should take those periods and spread them out into complete sentences. It's a suggestion for a future dentist, don't get all defensive over it.

barney wants me to bite......

If I were a student I really wouldn't care, hell I'd be surprised if I was even aware of a dean leaving; besides, you have no control over this, so no point worrying. I'd be more concerned with the professors and such, they're the ones I'll be interacting with almost exclusively.

First thing I thought when I read this. The amount of dentist being produced each year is insane.

Even if I was applying, I'd want my profession to be protected from the current issues of over saturation of dentists. They prey on students like you.

Is over saturation really an issue with dentists?

This is true, but with so much competition in getting in, and trying to reach your goals, sometimes all you could think is "open up one more school and maybe I can get in"
you are right that its a terrible thing, but generally a persons pov is based on the shoes they are wearing at the time

I have to say you sound pretty defensive. If you can't take someone telling you to calm down without getting defensive I'm not sure how you are going to do in dental school. We are under a decent amount of stress and if something this small pushes you over the edge I don't want to be around when you lose it over something at school. My suggestion is to go back east if you are so concerned about the program at Western. Also as Spud Daddy mentioned the school is new and that means that changes will be made, if you can't handle that it's probably not a good fit.

I have to say you sound pretty defensive. If you can't take someone telling you to calm down without getting defensive I'm not sure how you are going to do in dental school. We are under a decent amount of stress and if something this small pushes you over the edge I don't want to be around when you lose it over something at school. My suggestion is to go back east if you are so concerned about the program at Western. Also as Spud Daddy mentioned the school is new and that means that changes will be made, if you can't handle that it's probably not a good fit.

dude....come on man, did you read everything before posting this? you ***** are exhausting, I mentioned already, this guy has made SEVERAL comments over and over and over, and I IGNORED them until now

you dont need to be sure how I will do in dental school, I am sure, and thats what matters

Also as Spud Daddy mentioned the school is new and that means that changes will be made, if you can't handle that it's probably not a good fit.

and as I mentioned right after he mentioned that useless bit of information, its VERY obvious and does not need mentioning...... especially to be repeated

what I asked on this thread is all the way on top, go and read it, then drop and give me 20

"his name ain't barney" please correct your sentences

Maybe you should rethink the whole dental school thing. It's important to get along with your classmates and to actually have great dialogue and discussion. More importantly, it's imperative that you get along with professors that will drag your ***** through the mud and have you jumping through hoops because your class 5 prep is off by a 1/4mm. It seems like anytime someone makes a suggestion, you take it personally and get defensive. Personality is huge to a dentist. I suggest you do some soul searching and try to get this fixed before you start school. Good luck in your endeavors.

Maybe you should rethink the whole dental school thing. It's important to get along with your classmates and to actually have great dialogue and discussion. More importantly, it's imperative that you get along with professors that will drag your ***** through the mud and have you jumping through hoops because your class 5 prep is off by a 1/4mm. It seems like anytime someone makes a suggestion, you take it personally and get defensive. Personality is huge to a dentist. I suggest you do some soul searching and try to get this fixed before you start school. Good luck in your endeavors.

fluffy (you see the respect?) I told ya, I aint gunna bite

kov82, I'll make the decision for you. Take the offer back east bro. Simple as that. If you can't handle some of the uncertainties that come with a new program, it's not for you. If Western is the only school you have been accepted to, just reapply next year and leave Western off your aadsas. If your personality is the same in real life as it is on here, I feel sorry for your future patients. Best of luck to you...

kov82, I'll make the decision for you. Take the offer back east bro. Simple as that. If you can't handle some of the uncertainties that come with a new program, it's not for you. If Western is the only school you have been accepted to, just reapply next year and leave Western off your aadsas. If your personality is the same in real life as it is on here, I feel sorry for your future patients. Best of luck to you...

uhhhh.....booooooring

I 100% agree with you Oral!

drop and give me 20

I feel the need to put the smack down
Who does this guy think he is?

That's all you got? Awesome. I don't know why I wasted my time helping you out if that's the thanks I get.

? you wanted me to do you the honor of insulting you?

I thanked you for your help, directly through our PM's, and indirectly on this very thread, you certainly did NOT need to jump in...but you did anyway right?

So this thread is becoming a circus, one that I helped grow

but Im out...you're all welcome to pile on now

Can a MOD please close this thread and lock it?

LOL I've read your concerns on other threads...I bet you wouldnt have felt that way when applying though...different shoes.

Nope. If the spots are limited, then only the most qualified should be accepted. Opening up new schools to accept everyone and their brother only dilutes the opportunities out there for all of us after graduation. There is no access to care problem or acute dentist shortage due to baby boomer retirement. Extra dental schools are opening for one reason only - $$$.

wow...immaturity...

"So after reading this, I can't figure out if its normal/typical, if the students there/future students should worry?
he was associated with the ADA and did a good job during the interviews/tours selling the school so I felt better knowing he was apart of it, or is that what his job is to start up programs and sell it to people?"

What is it about this question that's putting people on the defensive? It's obvious that Kov82 is about to make a huge investment somewhere, he has a right to cover his butt and make a well informed decision.

I didn't detect any anxiousness/insecurity in this question. Quite frankly, it's obvious that several of the responders would rather put their heads in the sand than admit anything could possibly be going wrong with their administration. It's not a big deal to admit there are pros & cons to your school, there are many threads like this (see any "School A vs. School B" thread) where the cons are easily repudiated. This could have easily been accomplished here.

To Spud- You belittle yourself and your colleagues when you say you get your rocks off to personal messages on SDN.

"So after reading this, I can't figure out if its normal/typical, if the students there/future students should worry?
he was associated with the ADA and did a good job during the interviews/tours selling the school so I felt better knowing he was apart of it, or is that what his job is to start up programs and sell it to people?"

What is it about this question that's putting people on the defensive? It's obvious that Kov82 is about to make a huge investment somewhere, he has a right to cover his butt and make a well informed decision.

I didn't detect any anxiousness/insecurity in this question. Quite frankly, it's obvious that several of the responders would rather put their heads in the sand than admit anything could possibly be going wrong with their administration. It's not a big deal to admit there are pros & cons to your school, there are many threads like this (see any "School A vs. School B" thread) where the cons are easily repudiated. This could have easily been accomplished here.

To Spud- You belittle yourself and your colleagues when you say you get your rocks off to personal messages on SDN.

Whatever you say Kov.

Thanks for the support Homer but it doesnt help that you have one post lol kind of makes it look like I'm too stupid to cover my tracks, if I'm wrong I apologize but I think you could easily be a troll trying to start the back and forth so I do wish this thread was locked.

I should say pretty much all of them mentioned "there are pros and cons to every school" but everyone says that about every school.....

I still feel it was a fair question to ask......