What else should I be working on and what are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kuziamoisha

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am freaking out because I am terrible at Calculus and this quarter (I go to UCI) I will be failing the class. Would that be a good reason to flat out reject me? I am planning on retaking the class this coming summer though, so hopefully I get nothing lower than a B.

Currently, I am doing research for the public health department, volunteering at the UCI medical center, I used to work for a nonprofit and applying for another one this summer. I have an EMT license that I plan on using next summer. I haven't taken my MCATs yet but my overall GPA is a 3.6 and I have two more years left at UCI. Is there anything else that I should be working on/doing to help secure a spot in a pretty good medical school?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

It's really hard to say without an MCAT score. Just keep up with the experiences you're in.

As for Calculus, it'll be fine. Everyone has a subject they don't shine in. If you do fail (keep working and try not to!) just retake it and do everything you can to excel. It will not sink you.