What GPA is usually accepted for a decent SMP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Foreveryours91

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I calculated my estimated and realistic future GPA and it turned out to be a 3.3~ I have a 30 MCAT score currently, and I still have one more year left (my current GPA is 3.1, and realistically speaking I think the most I can raise it to is a 3.3~)

I have EC's that consist of 3 years of working at a doctor's office as a receptionist, 2 years of health related volunteering. Stellar recommendations from the physician I work for and the place I volunteer, and decent recommendations from Professors. And I'm going to be doing research pretty soon.

Is it worth it for me to do an SMP? I'm applying to Osteopathic Medical Schools and I'm very worried because my GPA is low. Would a decent and worthwhile SMP even accept me?

Thanks in advance.