What happened to medical spouse network?

Laker

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It has been down for a few days... Did a bill not get paid?

Members don't see this ad.

I never go on there bc that site generally freaks me out, but I do have a user name and have posted a couple times. As a result, I got an email last week saying they were overhauling thier system and that if you have never posted, you need to post or your account will be deleted. I think they are having server issues (and are paring down as a result). That's just a guess though.

We freak you out. :D I wonder if we could add that to our mission statement :smuggrin:

Laker, our server administrator had a glitch that he thought he had worked out. He left for California for 2 weeks and of course the day he left, his whole network went down. It isn't just our site, it is every site on his server. We have a temporary home up at http://www.medicalspouse.org with temporary forums. Hopefully, life will be back to normal after one more week. What a huge frustration and bummer for us all though.

The reason that we pare things down isn't related to server issues, btw...it is to keep the forums smaller and more private. We get a lot of spam and many people who come and register, forget their username/password and re-register under a diff. name and email...and so twice a year we try and get in and remove anyone who hasn't posted any posts at all....that's it! ;)

kris

Members don't see this ad :)
I want to know what is so freaky about us? :D

hi, kris :D

RossFamily said:
I want to know what is so freaky about us? :D

Im waiting. ;) Why does iMSN freak you out????? We arent a bad group of guys and gals!!! :smuggrin:

I'm curious. Does anyone know of any support forums for spouses of people in the medical field that are not doctors? I'm speaking of spouses of CRNAs, PAs, NPs, etc...

Love to Learn said:
I'm curious. Does anyone know of any support forums for spouses of people in the medical field that are not doctors? I'm speaking of spouses of CRNAs, PAs, NPs, etc...

No, I don't but you can always try using this one.....after all, its for 'medical' spouses, not doctor spouses.
Or, you could try starting one. Yahoo groups is a great way to start your own support group and I really recommend it.

Wifty

Oh sorry. I haven't checks SDN for days.

Why does the site freak me out? Too many ppl with stepford wives mentalities. I know there are lots of normal people on there too, but there are lots of SWs too. I have a really hard time "conversing" with them bc of it.

Also, I generally don't find the site user friendly. All the interesting areas are locked and you need to be admitted into them. I have never found out how to be admitted despite sending PMs and reading the FAQ. I assumed it had something to do with post count, so I started posting more in the general chit chat area, but that didn't seem to do anything. [shrug]

Well, as a response...

The reason that the private forums are private until you have 50 posts is that we want to have an area where we can discuss things related to marriage/family/and residency programs in a more private context. Usually, if someone sticks around to get 50 posts we can be fairly convinced that they aren't sdn trolls. :D

As for the Stepford Wife mentality...I've yet to run into one...after all, most everyone is living on a shoestring budget. It's tough to be Stepford when you're shopping at Wal-Mart.

:laugh:

That's Ok...The SDN spouse forums are a great place to be too.

kris