what happened to the girlfriend plagiarism thread? lol

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xanthomondo

nom nom nom
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey what happened? i cant find it and none of the messages are in my history

whyd it get deleted?

Members don't see this ad.

taylormade44 said:
hey what happened? i cant find it and none of the messages are in my history

whyd it get deleted?

Well, guess plagiarizing a girlfriend is better than going through the effort to actually get one yourself.

Maybe because it was a fraudulent story. The OP stated that he and his gf hadn't even discussed the application process prior to his discovering her plagiarism. A little suspicious.

Members don't see this ad :)
let the conspiracy theories begin...Good going, SDN...last time I checked, this isn't North Korea.

tulanensis said:
let the conspiracy theories begin...Good going, SDN...last time I checked, this isn't North Korea.

Kim%20Jong%20Il%20Team%20America%20publicity%20shot.jpg

"I beg to diffeh, Team America..."

Nope, legit story.
It was getting a little out of hand with all the worthless "kill the Bit%^" comments.
Talked to her, problem solved.
End Story
Thanks for the help

floridakppr said:
Maybe because it was a fraudulent story. The OP stated that he and his gf hadn't even discussed the application process prior to his discovering her plagiarism. A little suspicious.

Hmmmmhhh. Yeah, just a tad suspicious.

narc said:
Nope, legit story.
It was getting a little out of hand with all the worthless "kill the Bit%^" comments.
Talked to her, problem solved.
End Story
Thanks for the help

End relationship?

tulanensis said:
I'd have to agree a little bit on this. SDN admins have been acting more like censers than mediators lately. Who cares if people want to debate the URM issue for the 7th time this week, that’s what forums are for! As long as people still want to post I don’t think they should deny them the ability. That said, I’m sure this thread will be deleted as well, so I suppose my comments fall on blind eyes.

danjo said:
Hmmmmhhh. Yeah, just a tad suspicious.

Take it for what you want. I nothing invested in making such a glamorous lie.

tulanensis said:

You might want to check again - what with our governmentia media and all.

/orwellian discussion.

jota_jota said:
I predict that your response will cease to exist sometime in the future....

Whatever that means. :rolleyes:

kypdurron5 said:
I'd have to agree a little bit on this. SDN admins have been acting more like censers than mediators lately. Who cares if people want to debate the URM issue for the 7th time this week, that’s what forums are for! As long as people still want to post I don’t think they should deny them the ability. That said, I’m sure this thread will be deleted as well, so I suppose my comments fall on blind eyes.

actually i deleted the thread myself. People were either restating what was already said or making useless '' haha i screwed your gf im cool'' comments.
I agree that moderators should be more on top of their **** but this was a concern not addressed in other threads, as opposed to 'what are my chances' threads.

narc, how did you solve the problem? Is ther potential that an admissions committee might realize the duplicity?

narc said:
Take it for what you want. I nothing invested in making such a glamorous lie.

I find it strange how you were so calm about this and even self-blaming at certain points (I can't refer back to quote you, because you deleted the post). I can see giving a girl friend a little defense, but at the end of the day, she could have prematurely ruined both your careers in medicine.

I would have done what she did to you. Not consider how it would affect her and call AMCAS/lawyer to get everything straightened out. That is why I found it hard to believe you.

I'm not quite sure what this thread is about, but is it that the OP's girlfriend plagiarized some of the OP's work?

Could somebody fill me in? :oops:
-Dr. P.

Dr. Pepper said:
I'm not quite sure what this thread is about, but is it that the OP's girlfriend plagiarized some of the OP's work?

-Dr. P.
G/F ripped off a few lines word for word from OP's PS and submitted to AMCAS.

Dr. Pepper said:

-Dr. P.

Dude Dr. Pepper when will you be applying? Are you going to be 2008ers with me and Brett?

floridakppr said:
narc, how did you solve the problem? Is ther potential that an admissions committee might realize the duplicity?

I'm curious too!! I was following this thread like a daytime soap and you cut it off just as things got interesting. So - what happened??

kypdurron5 said:

:thumbup: this is worrisome... the new batch of mods feel like they need to prove themselves or something