What Happened to Uncle MIke?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
YouTube and Instagram influencing may get you a nice Prius. OnlyFans will get you the Lambo.

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
I assume most Residency programs are now "woke" and will readily dismiss White males if they cross the line at all? Should Med Students be wary of super "woke" programs if they are White males?
Honestly gtfo with this white male victimhood spiel, embarrassing

• Inappropriate
  • Dislike
Reactions: 18 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just last week I was watching this guy's videos on You Tube. He just reviewed a brand new Tesla S. He is very good and I liked his style. Almost 6 million views. But, he is really good!

is that the steering 'wheel' Teslas come with now? Seems very dangerous

YouTube and Instagram influencing may get you a nice Prius. OnlyFans will get you the Lambo.
Well MKBHD is making ~2 million annually on YouTube ads and ads usually represent about 1/3 total profit for people with video sponsors/merch like he does. So he could buy a lamborghini if he wanted. It’s very much a top-heavy field though. Your $ per subscriber increases the more you have. To be relatable few youtubers talk about their finances but a rough estimate is 2-3 dollars per thousand videos (standard) 3-4 dollars per thousand for niche/wholesome content, and usually another ~~~4 dollars per thousand for video sponsors (not available to smaller steamers).

What is often neglected is that the algorithms reward relentless release schedules (ideally 2 videos a week) so it very much is a full time job for the vast majority of them. Since all the money goes to the top most lower tier YouTube people the vast majority are working hard and making effectively 0 dollars (often outsourcing editing and videography).

Well MKBHD is making ~2 million annually on YouTube ads and ads usually represent about 1/3 total profit for people with video sponsors/merch like he does. So he could buy a lamborghini if he wanted. It’s very much a top-heavy field though. Your $ per subscriber increases the more you have. To be relatable few youtubers talk about their finances but a rough estimate is 2-3 dollars per thousand videos (standard) 3-4 dollars per thousand for niche/wholesome content, and usually another ~~~4 dollars per thousand for video sponsors (not available to smaller steamers).

What is often neglected is that the algorithms reward relentless release schedules (ideally 2 videos a week) so it very much is a full time job for the vast majority of them. Since all the money goes to the top most lower tier YouTube people the vast majority are working hard and making effectively 0 dollars (often outsourcing editing and videography).

Then you have Meet Kevin putting out 3-5 videos/day. Definitely a full time job.

Then you have Meet Kevin putting out 3-5 videos/day. Definitely a full time job.

There’s a kid from UK. Who went to med school, then maybe quit, now going back for training. Who has more than a million followers I believe. He was acquiring those followers while in med school.
That’s some damn motivation and time management skills that I certainly don’t have.

Edit: found the name: Ali Abdaal and >2M followers.

Last edited: