What’s happening in Memphis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
a guy from MAG joined our group. He was a partner there and now is in our partner track. The partners in Memphis all took a big pay cut to eat the increased cost of their Crnas. A few left or retired when income fell off for the same or more work load which lead to more and more work for less and less money. The group was unable to recruit new docs and went back to the hospital for $ help to make ends meet. Hospital said no.

I heard gossip that usap was approached about this contract but it was a short conversation.

This ex MAG doc constantly says how great our group and hospital is and how much easier it is to work here. lol I’ve never considered my beloved level one trauma level 4 maternity and transplant center - easy. I think his perspective is warped… just a testament to how bad it must have been up in Memphis.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Should be at least 500 when you’re in the news. Especially if you cover call/weekends. I wonder what peds people are getting, I’ve heard from my peds friend some of the Portland peds locums are negotiating >500

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Should be at least 500 when you’re in the news. Especially if you cover call/weekends. I wonder what peds people are getting, I’ve heard from my peds friend some of the Portland peds locums are negotiating >500
Dude. Maybe I should be doing peds locums in Portland. That is nuts.

Yeah no kidding. I don’t know how much is rumor but apparently the private groups are starting to reach out to have locums cover cases. I don’t know if Sound or OAG covers them now but apparently it’s been frustrating some higher ups. The person I know negotiating is around the area and is a known entity. I can’t imagine a peds surgeon accepting some unvetted locums but maybe desperate times

Lots of locums companies right now only advertising for 300/hr? Wtf they must think people are idiots to take that pathetic offer
Never go by posted rates. Always negotiate based on job specifics and leverage.

Reactions: 1 users