What happened with DMU's Dean?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swdave

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just heard that Titelbaum was ousted as dean at DMU. I see that an interim dean is listed on DMU's website.

Anyone tell me the scoop?

When I interviewed there I thought Titelbaum would be a major postitive force.

Let me know,

Members don't see this ad.

The new president for the school typically brings their own dean. Dr. Teitelbaum was great at what he does and would have been great to continue at the school.... but for the changing times comes changes in administration.

Dr. Reed (current interim Dean) was actually the first choice for dean when Dr. Ryan, our old-now retired president, came.... He's a great surgeon and has been overseeing the admissions at DMU. He is a student advocate and everyone loves to work with him... the reason he turned it down the first time when Dr. Ryan came in was that again, New president comes new dean.... and more importantly he did not have any time due to his duties as a surgeon.... so you future surgeons out there, you're gonna have to time manage really well.... So we are definitely in GREAT HANDS!!! So far he has done nothing but great things for the student....

Dr. Teitelbaum's contract was actually up this year so the timing was perfect.... We sincerely appreciate what he has done for us at DMU. There has been rumors running that Dr. Teitelbaum was being offered a position somewhere in New York and wanted to take the position thus supporting him leaving us to pursue other avenues in his professional career....

DMU is better than ever with new deans, not only for COMS, but for the Clinical Affairs.... Dr. Boesler is the Clinical Affair Dean for the transition from 2nd and 3rd year.... Another Dean will be appointed soon for the transition from 3rd and 4th year....

Some people may be concerned about the transition period at DMU and I can tell you for certain that y'all should not be worried.... It's primarily administration that's changing. The professors and clinicians that teach the students are not changing (although we are hiring new faculty positions for teaching and laboratory research).

In the spirit of keeping students involved with the school, students have been appointed to the search committee for the new president and deans so that our input does matter.

We also discuss the matter in the Student Government, especially the Senate.... Students are given input in the entire matter....
DMU is all about keeping their students actively involved in the matters of the school....

So for those concerned, don't sweat it.... you can ask any current student and they'll tell you that nothing much has changed except that we're having a new building and facility put up in the next couple of years.... Actually one of the building is up and running as the new temporary gym in the next month.... We were all concerned initially when we found out but now, I don't think anyone even thinks about it much because everything is being handle appropriately and in a timely fashion.... All of our fears as students were unfounded.... Everything is going well to say the least....

We simply wish Dr. Teitelbaum luck in his endeavors and his continued stride for excellence in everything he does.... He will be missed....

I would write more but I've gotta study for boards.... Don't sweat the small stuff, it's just small stuff.

Later, :cool:

Good to hear from you Popoy it's been a while hasn't it?

I'm glad things seem to be working out with this. I think longevity at a senior postition is a plus unless it isn't working out for the best.

Best of luck to all the DMU'rs on boards. Just think, 2 weeks from now we will be DONE WITH BOARDS!!!!!

Popoy, you once again amaze me with your typing tenacity while still attemping to study!

My brain is at capacity so I'm done studying for the day....